Jehovah`s Witness/The soul

Hi Sister T. I was talking to a JW about the soul.  I have read the book "What the bible really teaches" concerning this too. It states that the soul is the body and when you die the soul ceases to exist.

And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do.Luke 12:4

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell  Matthew 10:28

If you kill the body wouldn't you automatically kill the soul at the same time? Why do they make the distinction between killing the body and soul and destroying the body and soul. So according to this verse I should not be afraid of a fellow human that can take my life , but has no control of taking my soul i.e. my soul doesn't die. And if the soul is killed or destroyed in hades,what does that say about the resurrection or the judgement.  If my soul is non existent or dead it seems I've already been judged.  Will I be brought back to life and then be judged to be put to death where I already was? It does say that all will be resurrected and judged. God also promises that all who believe in His Son shall not perish and have everlasting life. This theme is repeated numerous times in the New Testament. Is my understanding that my salvation depends upon my faith that Jesus died to pay for my sins correct? That no amount of works or deeds could earn my salvation? Only my faith? If one needed works for their salvation, how much is needed?

Hello again Kevin,

I've already showed you that when a person dies he knows nothing from Ecc. 9:5.

And Gen 2:7 says Adam became a soul, not that he was given a soul.

Gen. 2:7 "And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul."

So that let's us know that Adam's body lay there lifeless until God blew into his nostrils the breath of life.

So that helps us to see that you do not have life in your body if you are not breathing, you are just a dead soul.  God has the ability to resurrect people, as the Bible says there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous,

Acts 24:15 "and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."

The Bible also says the soul that is sinning it itself will die Ez 18:4.

Are you more knowledgeable than God as to say that he's lying?  If God said souls die, who are you to say they don't!  you said "i.e my soul doesn't die"  so you are now above Scripture, above God, I take it?  Because Ez. 18:4 clearly says souls die!  So you speak against God's word the Bible blatantly I see.

Soul is also used as life....if you are destroyed in Gehenna, which is the second death, there is no resurrection hope for you.  God is the one who decides that.  If you die from Adamic death, you can be resurrected, and your life will be restored.  But of course it won't be restored with the same body you died with.  Why? well what if you were blown up to pieces?  What if you were ate by a shark.  Do you really think that God is going to sew those pieces back together again?  What about people who bones are now dust?  So God will give you back your life in a new created body with your memories and so forth.  Man can't take that away from you by killing you dead (dead soul).  God can bring that back.  But God can take both away from you, by not bringing you back in the resurrection.  That's what that scripture means.

Remember the scripture God said he was a God of the living, not the dead, because to him they are all alive in his memory because he'll bring them back to life! (Matt 22:31-33, Ro 4:17)

Seems you are completely confused here.

If your salvation is only on your faith then explain this scripture here:

James 2:14-26 "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if a certain one says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it? 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,” but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it? 17 Thus, too, faith, if it does not have works, is dead in itself.

18 Nevertheless, a certain one will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith apart from the works, and I shall show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith apart from works is inactive? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he had offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 You behold that [his] faith worked along with his works and by [his] works [his] faith was perfected, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled which says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called “Jehovah’s friend.”

24 YOU see that a man is to be declared righteous by works, and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner was not also Ra′hab the harlot declared righteous by works, after she had received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

That's self explanatory!!  Because of time I'll let you read those scriptures and try to say only Faith is needed, if you do, then go and rip out the book of James in your Bible...

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)