Jehovah`s Witness/Matt.24:23-26

QUESTION: Hi Robert,
Long time no talk/email to. I thought I would email you to talk nice, & maybe others will come on this site & be nice too.  I'm still studying with the witnesses..I love my congregation. I'm thinking of getting baptized but know it's an important step, because it's a life change. As they say it's not a religion but a way of life. Anyways, the memorial is coming up. As of 1914 Jesus in now in authority. Since before 1914, did any of the annointed class partake in the memorial emblem ? Doesn't Jesus say to do this in rememberance of me, unitl he returns? Well, he's baaack, as the witnesses say..1914. Also, the witnesses say that only the disciples partook of the last supper & they & only the annointed (144,000) are allowed to partake...Now in Matt. 28:19, Jesus said go make disciples of people of all nations & baptize them...So if many have been baptized and are now disciples can't they partake. Again, Jesus said, do this until I return..Hello, according to the witnesses he came back in 1914...
Am I straining the psnat...Hope to hear from you...By the way, I'm not asking any of the rude crew...they are back...they can't help themselves.  I sense a mean streak in them..

ANSWER: I like to talk nice too, Dee. We shouldn't expect to always agree on every point. Even so, there is no need to be gruff and abrasive about it. I would likely still be going to the Kingdom Hall if having a different view was allowed.

Let's see then, did the anointed class partake of the memorial emblems before 1914? Oh yes!
According to JW teaching, Jesus came [to power aka returned with heavenly power] in 1914. This is the teaching even though Jesus said that ALL authority had been given him in heaven and on the earth way back at Mt. 28:18. But somehow, according to JW belief, Jesus' parousia began in 1914. According that, he is BACK, has RETURNED. And yet, the JW teaching is that this is not the full-fledged "back" or "return." Oh I know, I know all the twists and spins done with Scripture to make in effect two returns. You'll have to decide what makes spiritual sense to you.

Can later baptized disciples partake at the Memorial? Hmm. That would cause quite a stir, now wouldn't it? That is because ones such as yourself are taught that YOU are not qualified to partake and it was also decided for you that you are of the earthly class. Further it is said that Jesus makes no covenant with you but that He only covenants with so-called anointed ones. Hmm again. And yet, when Jesus speaks, he tells how a person has a share with him.

John 6:53Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to ​YOU, Unless ​YOU​ eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ​YOU​ have no life in yourselves.54He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day;55for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.56He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.

Oh I know the spins on Scripture that are summoned to make the feeble argument that there are somehow "classes" of Christians that partake and "classes" that do not. When a person stands before the seat of judgment, what if GOD asks "Why did you turn away from the bread? Why did you pass the wine on and deny that it was for you too?"
Robert Jones

QUESTION: Hi Mr. Jones,
Thanks for being nice..So, I didn't know Jesus was coming twice...How do they explain Matt. 24:23..(I'll copy & paste from the NWT) this way whoever reads this, they can't say that I use an apostate Bible...Matt.24:23-26 (NWT)Then if anyone says to ​YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it.24For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones.25Look! I have forewarned ​YOU.26Therefore, if people say to ​YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; OR, what about Luke 21:8 ?”8He said: “Look out that ​YOU​ are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them. Now I'm not saying the witnesses say they are Jesus but they are running ahead of the scriptures...Maybe they say he is back because he is invisible..& who can argue with an invisible person or even an invisible claim...But it does make one wonder. The witnesses say, that many will be resurrected because they have been mislead..So, I'm thinking when it comes time for me to be judged will God pardon me, if I don't partake but in my heart I wanted to but the witnesses said I can't...can I say to God/Jesus, I didn't eat or drink the emblem..cuz the witnesses told me not to...Then God may say...didn't you read your Bible..I'll say yes, I did..God will just say UMMMM..what did I tell you in the bible..I'll recite the scriptures that said eat & drink...ummm, so you did read it & so, My child what shall I do? Pardon me God, I didn't want to be disfellowshipped. God will may have been df'd from the organization but I would never abandon you. But God, the witnesses said...never mind...I'll deal with the Governing Body later..Mr. Jones this is what bothers me...The Bible says one thing & the witnesses say something else...The words' Jehovah Witness will not be a password for everlasting life..will it ?

ANSWER: Greetings Sincere Questioner,

The WT Org does not read Matt.24:23-26 the way you or any normal reader does. They apply the warning to everyone else but not to themselves. When the WT said "Look! Christ has returned in 1874!!" and "Look! Here is the Christ invisibly in 1914!!" and "Look! He has chosen us in 1919" they do not see how silly this is. Neither do they see that this makes them a false prophet. And yet the Biblical warning is not go out, look out that you are not misled, do not go after them.

You asked, The words of Jehovah Witnesses will not be a password for everlasting life..will it? Let's try that out right here and see how it works.

"Jehovah, I was faithful to the organization ever since I got baptized. I never wavered once in doubt and allegiance to directives from the organization."

"I have kept abreast of new light and always looked to the Faithful and Discreet Slave to give me direction at the proper time."

"I have been a regular publisher and conducted several Bible studies and Auxiliary Pioneered when I took vacation from work. I always had my lesson prepared and commented regularly at the meetings to encourage others as well as myself."

How is that? What do you think?
Robert Jones

QUESTION: Hi Mr. Jones,
I see what you mean.As long as you are faithful to the org., it's the same as being faithful to God. NOT. Well, God said even the mislead will be resurrected. So, the witnesses will not have to worry. Well at least most of the witnesses are honest hearted...the ones feeding the flock are gonna have alot to answer to. I think things are going to change.  This younger generation is much more sofisticated, & they will call you on it. When they get old enough or maybe some see it now...Only time will tell. If the young generation put OBAMA in...YEP, TIMES THEY ARE A CHANG'IN. Well, all I can say is I love the friends & love going out in service with them, no I don't accept all their interpretations, that's why I come on this site to air what I hear & see.  The JW's do have a ring of truth just like most of the other religions...piece them together...Viola...THE TRUTH.  Guess, I'll wait for Jesus for the 3rd time...
Thx for replying..

" least most of the witnesses are honest hearted..." Yes, I do believe that most Witnesses are good-hearted people that are trying the best they know how.

"...the ones feeding the flock are gonna have a lot to answer to." To those that much is given, much is expected back. But I don't believe that the WT leadership was ever given anything special, even as far back as CT Russell. The current group are just caught up in the myth passed on since the 1800s.

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.