Jehovah`s Witness/The Virgin Mary

Question
what are the views of Jehovas Witness on the Virgin Mary today

Answer
Greetings,

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Mary is the mother of Jesus (Matt. 1:16), conceived from the Holy Spirit, (Matt. 1:20) who is the Son of God (John 1:49).  She was bestowed a great honor by God, but they do not award her any undue honor.  She was a virgin (Matt. 1:18) when she became with child.  They also believe that she did not remain a virgin as Jesus had brothers (Acts 1:14).  They believe that she was born with inherited sin (Rom. 3:23).

Some of these beliefs are in contrast with the Roman Catholic Church.  They view Mary as the Mother of God.  JW's do not.  Prayers and petitions are made to Mary in the RCC.  JW's do not do this.  Some Catholics believe that Mary remained a virgin and that she was born without original sin.  Obviously JW's believe neither.

Please follow up if you seek more information or need biblical references for any of the above statements.

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard