Jehovah`s Witness/The 2013 Annual Meeting

Question
Hi Brother Grunbaum,hope your good my brother,Im sure you already got your letter to your congregation regarding the 2013 Annual meeting. As myself one of you contributors to the 40 pattern along with the rest of the group of brothers here who have contributed with this 40 pattern too,an idea or possibility just ocured to me. I noticed we as an organization around the world will be tuned in as a whole to the Annual Meeting on October 2013,may we as a group for the first time possibly get a unique message from our Faithful And Discreet Slave(Governing Body)about anything regarding to the Oct 2014 GT,if this happens to be the real case to the 40yr pattern since it will be the 100th yr Aniversery since when Jesus was given rulership in the heavens in Oct 1914 to Oct 2014? I did find it very uncoincedental to that for the first time we are all being tuned in for the Annual meeting,something never before done! What are your thoughts on this my brother Grunbaum? Agape.

Answer
And in response one of the elders said to me: ‘These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?

We learned these are the ones who are in heaven,this was in the form of a question that they knew the answer to and John didn't know.

So we came to understand may be involved in communicating truths to remnant,see the question is what other truths do they know like the date of the Great Tribulation. We know they gave us other dates,1919,1935,1975.

Now concerning the date for the end itself we dont need to know and the Watchtower has said:

*** w75 1/1 p. 10 Will You Live to See Christ’s “Coming”? ***

NO ADVANCE DATE TO BE GIVEN

In Noah’s time he was told, one week before the floodwaters fell, to take into the ark the specimens of the various animals But this does not prove that there would be advance notice in our time as to the exact day of Christ’s “coming” to destroy this present system of things

This is talking about Armageddon not the Great Tribulation which are two separate events,so do we need to know about the date for the outbreak of this event,apparently so or else why is this even coming up and since its a date would not the 24-Elder Class provide it.

(Amos 3:7) . . .For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.

The interesting thing about this verse is its assoicated with the Great Tribulation:

*** w80 10/15 p. 17 Execution of the “Great Harlot” Nears ***

THE Creator, Jehovah God, knows exactly what will take place in the future. He is “the One telling from the beginning the finale.” (Isa. 46:10) Being “perfect in knowledge,” he knows the details about the “finale” of this system of things at the coming “great tribulation.” (Job 37:16; Matt. 24:21) Because he is a God of love, he reveals enough of these details to those who serve him loyally that they can be properly informed, upbuilt and protected. The Bible states: “The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.”—Amos 3:7.

Since Jehovah provides his loyal servants with advance knowledge about this system’s end, does this include information that will enable them to discern when the “great tribulation” actually has begun? Yes. What is that evidence? It has to do with God’s execution of judgment against what the Bible calls “Babylon the Great, the mother of the harlots and of the disgusting things of the earth

*** w77 1/15 p. 40 Facing the “Great Tribulation” with Confidence ***

Facing the “Great Tribulation” with Confidence

*** w74 3/15 p. 163 Bible Timetables Pinpoint Our Day ***

Bible Timetables Pinpoint Our Day

Speaking of the day for the execution of divine vengeance, Jesus Christ, when a man on earth, said: “Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father.” (Mark 13:32) But do his words mean that God’s servants on earth have no way to determine at what point they are living on the stream of time?

This could not be the case, as Jehovah is not a God who leaves his people in the dark. The inspired prophet Amos declared: “The Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets.” (Amos 3:7) On numerous occasions God made known in advance the precise time for certain events to occur

Here is commantary on this verse:

*** w99 10/1 p. 5 “For Everything There Is an Appointed Time” ***

For example, mature Christians loyally wait for Jehovah’s appointed time for certain Bible prophecies to be fulfilled.What a marvelous promise! But we must realize that Jehovah reveals his confidential matters at the time he deems advisable. For that purpose God has authorized a “faithful and discreet slave” to provide his people with “their [spiritual] food at the proper time.” (Matthew 24:45) There is, therefore, no reason for us to become overly concerned, or even agitated, that certain matters are not fully explained. Rather, we can be confident that if we patiently wait on Jehovah, he will provide, through the faithful slave, what is needed “at the proper time.”

Modern-Day Application

4 Does this ancient prophecy have meaning for us today? Yes, it has a powerful message for us!

Since the Kingdom’s establishment in the heavens in 1914, the modern-day Amos class, Jehovah’s Witnesses, have proclaimed Jehovah’s day of vengeance throughout Christendom
Thus, in the space of 40 years, there resulted an astounding increase in the monthly average of Witnesses publishing the Kingdom: from 109,794 in 1943 to 2,501,722 in 1983.

(Genesis 7:4# 4 For in just seven days more I am making it rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights;. . .

#Matthew 24:39) . . .and they took no note until the flood came . . .

So again do we need to know the time of the Great Tribulation,do we need to know when to stop the preaching work ,the 24 Elder class knows the answers and if we need to know it will be made known  

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum