Jehovah`s Witness/What 40 year Pattern??????

Question
There is no such thing as a 40 year pattern what are these idiots talking about,you even seemed to agree,I dont see it.

I asked the prophet Grunbalm and he rejected my question.

Answer
Dear Sir, if you read my reply and came away thinking that I "seem to agree" with the JW predictions, then this defies imagination.  How you arrived at that conclusion, I'll never know.  I think their reasoning is silly, and is based on a VERY faulty foundation, including the fact that the year 1975 (from which they are adding their 40 years), has no merit at all.

The only thing I was saying, is that numbers DO play a part in the Bible, and the number 40 is used repeatedly....Jesus was in the desert 40 days, Israel wondered 40 years, it rained during the Flood for 40 days and 40 nights, etc.  Some believe that the number 40 in the Scriptures, represents probation and trial.

The fact is, the numbers "40" and "7", are two of the most commonly used numbers in the Scriptures.

But nowhere did I voice ANY agreement with the absurd notions being advanced by a couple of JWs in this forum right now.  These people never learn.  They have predicted dates which have ALL been proven false, yes, even 1914.  I notice how an expert is trying to validate 1914, by pointing out that World War I started then, but that isn't what was predicted, and he knows it.  A prediction isn't validated by just SOMETHING happening...a prediction is validated by WHAT WAS PREDICTED, actually happening.

I guess if I predict that I will break my arm next Friday, and I sprain my ankle instead, I can still claim some special insight into the future.

Read my reply again....I never once agreed with the JW date-setting.  These people have shown throughout their history, that they don't have a clue when the end is coming.  They never have had a clue, and they don't have one now.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland