Jehovah`s Witness/40 Years?

QUESTION: Two questions you can best answer better than any expert here""""""

Do you believbe in this 40 year stuff going on with grunbalm on this site"""""

"""Do you now believe in a rapture now since you reounced jw teachings""""

If you can in your answers explain why you acept or reject both questions

ANSWER: I was about to say that this 1975 + 40 years business is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time. But I thought better of that.

The human mind looks for patterns to make sense of the world. We make deductions about new things based on what we already believe to be true. And we imagine the next thing based on patterns that we already believe. It should come as no surprise that humans come to wrong conclusions all the time. A person's conclusions can be based on nothing other than information that they already believe and their ability to assimilate new thoughts onto current beliefs.

Ask a group of people to look up at the clouds and describe what animals they see. Will everyone see the same thing? How about looking at stock charts or Rorschach inkblots? Human imagination knows no limits. The same is true with number patterns in the Bible. I could point out the following Biblical numbers and you can find them as significant somewhere in the Bible:
2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 12, 24, 40, 70.

I won't even get into "a day for a year" "a day for a year". Would you like a lunar year per day? Or maybe a solar year per day? Do leap years count? Don't get me started.

Any human effort to calculate what the Bible has said "does not belong to you to get to know" is pure silliness and wasted effort. Effort that could be put towards something actually useful.

So you asked about my personal "rapture" beliefs. I am more inclined towards King Solomon's observation after he had lived a long time. I know for sure that both the good and bad go to the grave and do not do one other thing after that day. So whatever good thing you wish to do, or whatever living you wish to do, do it today. That is what I know for sure.

Ecclesiastes 9
Mankind are not aware of either the love or the hate that were all prior to them.
All are the same in what all have.
One eventuality there is to the righteous one and the wicked one.
The good one is the same as the sinner.
For the living are conscious that they will die, but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.
Their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.
All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol, the place to which you are going.

QUESTION: If I could foolow up on your answers,I agree the numbers have no meaning but just another invention by false prophet grunmalm but I'm puzzle in your hope for salvation now that youre free from jw teachings ist all left is the rapture the solomon verse talks of death ,iam asking you what should be my hope since ive followed in your footsteps so to speak alough i never was baptized.if you dont believe in raptured to heaven and reject as i about living on earth then what is left just death? please explain.
reincarnation,rapture what do i have to look forward to.what church you now attend or have you like me dont go anywhere have you just given up on being saved,the fact you as a ex-witness must still believe in deity or has that been snuffed out too me and my gal are not to keen now on spiritual things since we stooped studing we both kinda wish we never had a study cause i dont want to go to church or the kingdom hall

Oh my dear friend. God and life are both so wonderful to be lived NOW. NOW is what you have for sure. Now is where love, joy, peace and happiness exist. Do not lose sight of now by focusing so much on what the future might or might not be.

The Jesus message is concerned primarily with now. Sure, he spoke of the future and future events. But his message to the people was about living now. That is why his Sermon on the Mount is often called the Beatitudes, which means happy, fortunate, or blissful. A reading of Matthew 5 should impress upon any reader the responsibility of now.

And what did Jesus say to the evildoer on the cross/stake beside him? Today, you will 'be' with me in paradise. Paradise is a condition of BEing and exists within one's spirit today. It is not of necessity a future event. Will you let paradise happen for you today?

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.