Jehovah`s Witness/If you can convince me of this 40 year 1975 2015 I will take a bible study

How is 1975 arrived at from the Holy Bible is my first question as to Adam?My second question is how is it known that six thousand years is the time limit? I've read the threads on the 40 year pattern and I want to believe it is associated with the Lords return but really all you have is numbers that may or may not have any thing to do with his return,witnesses have predicted many dates in the past that have failed,now with that being said I have an open mind because my grandpa was in your religion and he was very intelligent and used to talk about your 40 number years ago when I was a boy.

If you would Sir start from genesis forward.

I will respond not for the sake of convincing you but for my readers all over the world,in terms of you just taking a bible study that will be your choice ,frankly I don't like your tone ,in other words if you are not convinced you will continue as you were.

I don't have to convince you,we have millions of brothers and sisters all over the world ,we don't need you ,if you never study it wont bother me in the least.

"How is 1975 arrived at from the Holy Bible is my first question as to Adam"

1975 is a pivotal date only the WTBTS say Adam was created in 4026

Within orthodox Christianity, a group of theologians, philosophers, and scientists have affirmed that Adam was created by God around 10,000 BC to 4000 BC.

Ussher's proposed date of 4004 BC differed little from other Biblically based estimates, such as those of Jose ben Halafta (3761 BC), Bede (3952 BC), Ussher's near-contemporary Scaliger (3949 BC), Johannes Kepler (3992 BC) or Sir Isaac Newton (c. 4000 BC).

Of all the dates Ussher's proposed date of 4004 is the closest but Adam’s creation is 22 years more distant in the past than his.

In the King James Version he has a different date for Jerusalem , that the seventy years of desolation of the land of Judah began to count about October 1, 607  not 586 .

The beginning of this seventy-year period was obviously tied to its ending, that is, with the fall of Babylon in 539 B.C.E. So with 607 B.C.E. as dependably fixed on our absolute date of 539 B.C.E.

The scriptures give us a guide post in time

The pivotal date for counting back then is 539 B.C.E. this is a absolute date in bible and in history.

The seventy years that ended in the autumn of the year 537 B.C.E. must have begun, then, in the of 607 I have proven that on this forum.

The scriptures take us backwards to 997 B.C.E.

the calculation for this period backward from the fall of Jerusalem to the time of the division of the kingdom after Solomon’s cover a period covers 390 years

Ezekiel 4:1-13

So the period of 390 years began in 997 B.C.E. In that year, Jeroboam, after the death of Solomon, broke with the house of David

The scriptures now go back from 997 B.C.E. to 1513 B.C.E. the year that Israel came out of Egypt.

From 1513 B.C.E. to 1943 B.C.E

(Exodus 12:40) . . .And the dwelling of the sons of Israel, who had dwelt in Egypt, was four hundred and thirty years. . .

Abraham crossed the Euphrates on his way to Canaan in 1943 B.C.E.,

From 1943 B.C.E. to 2370 B.C

Abraham was 75 years old when he entered Canaan in 1943 B.C.E 427 years we get from
in Genesis 11:10 to 12:4.

Arpachshad’s birth to to the death of Terah, when
Abraham was 75 years old          

Deluge of Noah’s day began in 2370 B.C.E. then from the flood tp Adam is 1,656 years

From Adam’s creation to
the birth of Seth          130 years

Then to the birth of Enosh          105   “

To the birth of Kenan          90   “

To the birth of Mahalalel          70   “

To the birth of Jared          65   “

To the birth of Enoch          162   “

To the birth of Methuselah          65   “

To the birth of Lamech          187   “

To the birth of Noah          182   “

To the Deluge          600   “

Total          1,656 years

Adding 1,656 years to the date of the flood 2370 B.C.E.,

4026 Date Adam was created

All from scripture

So Adam created in 4026 to 1975  is 6,000 years.

"My second question is how is it known that six thousand years is the time limit?"

Each creative day totaled 7 ,he created until the 6th and rested on the 7th
So how do we know each creative day was not 24 hours

In the Scriptural record the account of each of the six creative days concludes with the statement: \\

“And there came to be evening and there came to be morning” a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth day

The seventh day, does not have this ending so it must be contining ,at

(Hebrews 4:1) 4 Therefore, since a promise is left of entering into his rest,

Paul indicated that God’s rest day was still continuing in his generation, and that was more than 4,000 years after that seventh-day rest period began.

This makes it evident that each creative day, or work period, was at least thousands of years in length and its reasonable to conclude each was 7,000 long.

Now you read how we use the 40 year pattern as a trial or probationary so Eve was created 40 years after Adam which is 6,000 in 2015.

Since the 7th day is 7,000 years long and by then we would be 6,000 in the last creative week only a 1,000 years is left in his creative week.

Christ is said to rule the last 1,000 years of that time.That God’s rest day consists of seven 1,000-year days was also observed by some Jewish rabbis several hundred years ago. In 1626 Henry Ainsworth quoted one of them in his Annotations upon the First Booke of Moses Called Genesis
Thus we see God’s use of the perfect number seven. The creative week consisted of seven days that were made up, not merely of hours, but of 7,000 years each. This means that each creative day was, within itself, a week of 1,000-year days. Following this master pattern, the nation of Israel was given a symbolic week of one-year days, with every seventh year being a sabbath rest for the land.

Now Ill tell you what Ill do Mr Gus Ill fly down to you and personally get your study started
after spending all this time typing all of this!

Let me know.

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum