Jehovah`s Witness/Cult

Hello sister T

Why JW's labelled as cults??? I mean everytime I talked to anyone bout JW, it will always end up saying that you guys are CULT or a SECT!!! Why??? What do they mean with that>???

Hello and thanks for writing....

Well simply put it's a misconception.  We are not a cult nor are we a sect.  

Some define sect to mean a group that has broken away from an established religion. Others apply the term to a group that follows a particular human leader or teacher. The term is usually used in a derogatory way. Jehovah’s Witnesses are not an offshoot of some church but include persons from all walks of life and from many religious backgrounds. They do not look to any human, but rather to Jesus Christ, as their leader.

A cult is a religion that is said to be unorthodox or that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. Many cults follow a living human leader, and often their adherents live in groups apart from the rest of society. The standard for what is orthodox, however, should be God’s Word, and Jehovah’s Witnesses strictly adhere to the Bible. Their worship is a way of life, not a ritual devotion. They neither follow a human nor isolate themselves from the rest of society. They live and work in the midst of other people.

You have to remember who's behind these things, it's Satan and his influence over people. (1 John 5:19) You have hearsay that people spread that is not true.  Just like some people say we don't go to the doctor, or we don't wear seat belts and so many other things that just are not correct.  

Jesus said at John 15:18,19 "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, on this account the world hates you."

Since we live strictly by the Bible and we refuse to join in with the things that the world is doing that goes contrary to Bible teachings, we are abusively spoken against and why you see the many opposers and apostates on this site right now:

1 Peter 3:3,4 "For the time that has passed by is sufficient for ​YOU​ to have worked out the will of the nations when ​YOU​ proceeded in deeds of loose conduct, lusts, excesses with wine, revelries, drinking matches, and illegal idolatries. 4 Because ​YOU​ do not continue running with them in this course to the same low sink of debauchery, they are puzzled and go on speaking abusively of ​YOU."

Matt 5:11,12 "Happy are ​YOU​ when people reproach ​YOU​ and persecute ​YOU​ and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against ​YOU​ for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since ​YOUR​ reward is great in the heavens; for in that way they persecuted the prophets prior to ​YOU"

The First Century Christians were also labeled as a sect and said to have been spoken against everywhere and the same thing is going on in our times, it's Bible prophecy being fulfilled to the fullest as we are living in the last days (2 Tim 3:1-5).  Let's look at one of the many trials Paul faced:

In Acts 28:17 Paul speaks to the principal men of the Jews, after he explains things to them they say this:

Acts 28:21,22 "They said to him: “Neither have we received letters concerning you from Ju‧de′a, nor has anyone of the brothers that has arrived reported or spoken anything wicked about you.22But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect it is known to us that everywhere it is spoken against.”

They called Jesus’ disciples "this sect." If they were everywhere spoken against, secular historians would likely report about them, would they not?

So today too there are many untruths that are spread around about us just like in Paul's day.

Many people are simply misinformed. Others may not appreciate the Witnesses’ evangelizing work. The fact is, however, that the Witnesses do this work out of love for neighbor, knowing that "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved." (Romans 10:13)

Good day,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)