Jehovah`s Witness/Derrick Holland's Mother

Question
After reading the exchange I came away with you believing his mother is still a Holland in God's sight since its claimed no adultery took place what scripture says this?

Answer
I'm not going to get into this all over again ,Ill let the Watchtower explain:

w83 3/15
"If a Christian tires of a marriage mate or ‘falls in love’ with another person, Sad to say, in some cases where both partners claim to be believers,used in a scheming and willful way to break Scriptural marriage ties. Can such ones be so foolish as to think that Jehovah does not know the “thoughts and intentions of the heart”?
Such seem to have taken the viewpoint that they deliberately, be disfellowshipped for a year or so, and then with a new marriage mate “repent” and be reinstated in the congregation.

We can appreciate the seriousness of this sort of planned adultery before Jehovah God by recalling that under his righteous Law in ancient Israel adulterers would have been stoned to death. And today, whatever congregations may decide, Jehovah is the ultimate Judge. “God will judge fornicators and adulterers.”—Hebrews 13:4."

So that was my point ,just because the human elders alow the adulters back into the congregation they can still be lost.

Questions from Readers w80 1/15

• Previous to my studying the Bible, my wife and I were divorced, not due to immorality but because we just did not get along. Now I have become a Christian. Biblically, am I free to remarry?

Whether a person in the situation you describe would be Scripturally free to remarry depends on whether the marriage came to an end in the sight of God.

Your marriage was legally terminated before you became a Christian, perhaps on a legal ground such as incompatibility. That ended the marriage from the government’s standpoint. But you properly are concerned with whether the Universal Lawgiver still views you and your former wife as “one flesh.”—Gen. 2:22-24.

Jesus said something that helps us here. After acknowledging that divorces had been obtained on various grounds, he added: “Whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication [Greek, porneía], and marries another commits adultery.
Thus, the only Biblical basis for a divorce that would free one to remarry is “fornication”
You say, however, that immorality had not occurred before the divorce. Hence, in view of what Jesus said, what reason would there be to believe that the divorce automatically dissolved the marriage in the sight of God? Though, when becoming a Christian, a person can ask God’s forgiveness for past sins, that does not mean that all past obligations and commitments are canceled.

Consequently, in a case such as you present, what has or has not occurred since the divorce may be the determining factor in ascertaining whether in the eyes of God the two of you are still “one flesh.”

Now let us turn this matter around and consider divorce. In view of the above, it should be clear that the requirements of both God and the state must be met as to divorce. The law of the land may permit divorce on many grounds, but God’s law allows for divorce only on the ground of adultery If a person obtains a divorce on any ground other than adultery (because no adultery has been committed), he is not free, according to God’s law, to marry again.

Carrying this further, if a person with such a legal, but unscriptural, divorce then marries another person, this would be a serious violation of God’s law; it would be adultery. (On the other hand, if adultery has been committed, the innocent mate is not free to seek another mate until a legal divorce has been completed. The requirements of both God and the state must be met.)

Many persons committed sins prior to learning of God’s requirements. Before becoming Christians, some in the Christian congregation in ancient Corinth had been adulterers, fornicators, homosexuals and drunkards. But they changed! By the time they dedicated their lives to God and got baptized they were living in a clean moral condition. What about their past sins? Those sins were forgiven; the individuals were “washed clean” by faith in the ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

The English word “adultery” comes from the Latin adulterare, which means, basically, “to alter” and, by extension, “to corrupt or make impure, as by the addition of a foreign or a baser substance.” Thus we speak of ‘adulterating’ food, making it impure by adding foreign substances. A marriage is ‘adulterated’ when one of the parties defiles the marital relationship by having relations with someone outside that relationship. This idea of adulterating or corrupting, and of unfaithfulness to a sacred relationship, is also inherent in the Greek term moi·khei´a. Therefore, both in Greek and in English, the focus is on the effect illicit sexual relations have on the marriage relationship, the adulterous mate being guilty of introducing someone else into that relationship, corrupting the union.

King David was mentioned to me that he committed adultery and then, in effect, murder. Yet, Jehovah allowed him to keep living,yet we see Ananias and Sapphira dropped dead just for lying which was not bad as murder and adultery.

Why the different judgments, David fell into serious sin because of fleshly weakness. When confronted with what he had done, he repented, and Jehovah forgave him—although he was severely disciplined with regard to problems in his household. Ananias and Sapphira sinned in that they hypocritically lied, trying to deceive the Christian congregation and thats the key.

You cant mock God and play false to the holy spirit.

In both cases Jehovah made the judgment, and his judgment was correct because he can examine hearts.

Human elders cannot do that. So how can elders discern whether a serious sin is evidence of weakness more than of wickedness.

All sin is wicked, but not all sinners are wicked. Similar sins may be evidence of weakness in one person and wickedness in another.Like Ananias and Sapphira, the wicked person speaks good things with his mouth but has bad things in his heart. He may be a hypocrite—like the Pharisees of Jesus’ day who ‘outwardly indeed appeared righteous to men but inside were full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

There is a sin that will not be forgiven—sin against the holy spirit Jehovah alone determines who has committed that sin. Humans have no authority to do so. The responsibility of the elders is to keep the congregation clean and to help to restore repentant sinner.

Prophet/Prince
 Grünbaum

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum