Jehovah`s Witness/Divorce and marriage

QUESTION: I am new to the truth.  I was introduced to the truth almost a year ago and after being raised Catholic, I truly believe in Jehova and the doctrines.  I have never understood the trinity and could not understand why my God let bad things happen nor did I understand why a loving God would damn his people to hell.  After growing in my relationship with Jehova through attending weekly meetings and bible study, I realize this is the place I feel I belong.  The brother who introduced me to the truth and I are now dating.  Initially I did not understand what disfellowshipped means.  Now I do.  This brother was disfellowshipped three years ago for problems within his marriage.  He has been divorced three years and is working to be reinstated.  In Jehovas eyes, is this a toxic relationship.? We are both seniors and I feel blessed to have the opportunity for not only a partner, but one that can help me on my journey.

Thanks for writing, quick question did you want this private?? Only it's come up public and I can't change it

QUESTION: It is not really important to me that this is private.  I feel we can all learn from the knowledge of others.  I would like to add that I did not know this man while he was married.  We met two years after his divorce and from what I have been told it is considered a scriptural divorce.  I am a widow.  After the death of my husband I was determined to be alone for the remainder of my days and now Jehovah in all his glory has placed this situation in front of me.  Our plans are to marry.  This was not a contrived situation.  It just happened and although it seems like I may have the opportunity to live happily ever after, could it be Satan tricking me into thinking this relationship would be acceptable in Jehovah eyes?

Hi again

OK that's fine , just figured because it was slightly personal you might not want it to be public.

Look the fact is and I'm gonna tell you this straight up. You should not be dating a disfellowshipped person.

I know it's not easy, when you find someone and want that companionship. I'm not gonna sit here and pretend it is, but the fact remains it's all about loyalty to Jehovah.

Now what I'm gathering from your letter is being new to the truth you may not quite understand what it's disfellowshipping is fully all about yet only the basics and I'm not gonna sit here and go in to all the in's and out's of disfellowshipping that's something you will grasp more as you progress and your elders can help you with or your study conductor assuming your still studying. So the point is it may seem trivial to you right now but I want to show you this scripture.

Luke 16:

10 "The person faithful in what is least is faithful also in much, and the person unrighteous in what is least is unrighteous also in much"

I don't need to explain this to you, I'm sure you know what this means.

Now I'm very pleased that your boyfriend is aiming for reinstatement that's a good thing, but the fact remains he is not in Jehovah's organization at this present moment in time. That's the issue.

Take my word for this right now, this is a fact. Prove your loyalty to Jehovah and he will bless your efforts no doubt about it.

Here's another thing you need to do, speak to your elders about this. They can help you more than I can over a computer screen.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.