Jehovah`s Witness/Overlooked?

Question
QUESTION: I'm not trying to complain here but I just wonder why I'm overlooked everytime the CO comes new ones who came in after me are moved up over me,In 5 years the only privilege I have is carrying the mics and thats it,I'm never asked to close with prayer or nothing,now I'm not complaining as I have love for the congregation but my wife is wondering to why I'm overlooked,she is the one who got me in to Jehovah so we are grateful so dont get me wrong Sir I'm not complaining of what the Lord Provides but you do wonder why they go over me with new ones.My wife went to her brother who is an elder and he said its my property that is holding me back,so where I live is the reason they dont move me up like I said I'm not complaining but can you explain why where I live has to do with me advancing?

thankyou Sir.

ANSWER: Agape' brother Whity of Jolo West Virginia much brotherly love to you and your family.

Since this a very sensitive subject I would have thought you would have made this private so I wont comment my concerns as to why you have not been recommended.

If you would respond in private as to the your living conditions,the brothers would not hold you back for where you live but more how you are living,how your surroundings look ,do they reflect the paradise where you hope to be one day.When your brother in-law said your "property"
is why .So describe your home and surroundings in private and lets see if changes can be made so your advancement can be seen.

your
Brother
Grünbaum

QUESTION: Me and the wife live in a trailer on my property where I run a salvage yard here.I didn't see how to make this private in the follow up but that makes no difference,Like I said dont get me wrong I'm not complaining of what he provides its just we have wondered why,I dont see why where I live would hold me back ,can you show me a scripture.

thank you for your time Sir

Answer
Let me begin with several observations namely I have counted 6 or 7 times where you say you are not complaining,thats exactly what you are doing here.You are complaining that new ones who come in after you are moved up while you are overlooked thats a complaint,
if I was in your congregation and you asked me why you are being overlooked I would tell you for the reason you are coming to me now is why.

Appointments come from Holy Spirit not men:

(Acts 20:28) . . .Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed YOU overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God. . .

So you are looking at the wrong place brother,the scriptures give the qualifications to be appointed and since you have not been means you have not measured up to the following:

(1 Timothy 3:1-7) 3 That statement is faithful. If any man is reaching out for an office of overseer, he is desirous of a fine work. 2 The overseer should therefore be irreprehensible, a husband of one wife, moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, 3 not a drunken brawler, not a smiter, but reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, 4 a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness; 5 (if indeed any man does not know how to preside over his own household, how will he take care of God’s congregation?) 6 not a newly converted man, for fear that he might get puffed up [with pride] and fall into the judgment passed upon the Devil. 7 Moreover, he should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside, in order that he might not fall into reproach and a snare of the Devil. . .

Now the holy spirit helps you to measure up to these high standards,you may measure up to most on here except "he should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside" and get puffed up [with pride"

You may have the standards of moderate in habits, sound in mind, orderly, hospitable, qualified to teach, 3 not a drunken brawler, not a smiter, but reasonable, not belligerent, not a lover of money, 4 a man presiding over his own household in a fine manner, having children in subjection with all seriousness.

Just from what you are saying here without knowing anything else you dont measure up to these two:

"he should also have a fine testimony from people on the outside" and get puffed up [with pride"

Not knowing anything else that disqualify you you said I'm not complaining about 30 times and that in itself disqualify you.

*** w67 8/1 p. 459 Keeping Free from the Spirit of Complaint ***

Pride may be one cause for complaining.

When a letter is read for ones moving up here you are waving your arms and saying HEY LOOK AT ME HERE ,I'M HERE.

That is what brought the Devil down;

(Ezekiel 28:17) . . .Your heart became haughty because of your beauty. You brought your wisdom to ruin on account of your beaming splendor.. . .

His thinking was:

(Isaiah 14:13-14) . . .As for you, you have said in your heart, ‘To the heavens I shall go up. Above the stars of God I shall lift up my throne, and I shall sit down upon the mountain of meeting, in the remotest parts of the north. 14 I shall go up above the high places of the clouds; I shall make myself resemble the Most High.’

While not all complaints have such disastrous consequences, yet even the least expression of discontent brings harmful results.

So thats first of all,now you other problem is:

"Me and the wife live in a trailer on my property where I run a salvage yard"

Here you are living in a junk yard for lack of a better word,wrecked cars,rusted car parts strewed everywhere,muddy yard with no lawn anywhere nothing but dirt and mud and at night when you are closed junkyard pitbull dogs roaming your property,your trailer has to be dirty with it right there with trucks kicking up dirt and mud.

Now I ask you does this reflect paradise,NO. just the opposite,a overseers home should be such that he can have a book study there if it is needed,can you say you could have a book study there in your trailer.

The witnesses all dressed up waling through mud and dirt tripping over car parts,sisters in high heels falling walking in mud and the possibility of one of your dogs getting loose attacking the friends not to mention parking a brand new vehicle directly in mud and dirt.

See this is why I wished this was private ,but in any event now you know.

Not every brother is rich but his shoes shoes should still be in good condition and good repair,his clothes should be neat and clean ,he himself should be clean,your book bag should be in good condition ,his vehicle should always be clean and washed,his home should be neat and clean to reflect the New World Society.

You come to the Watchtower and you could eat literally of the sidewalk its that clean.

See brother your name is no longer just Whity Smith but its Whity Smith Jehovah's Witness.

If you keep these pointers in mind it will help you.

brotherly love to you
Benyamin Grünbaum

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum