Jehovah`s Witness/What was the prediction of 1914?

I read where you say that 1914 was not a failed prediction ,was not the prediction of the end of the world and since it didn't come was it then a false prophecy?

After our earlier brothers emerged from the blackness of the Churches and its false teachings they came to understand the Gentile times would end in 1914 ,yes they thought this would bring the end of this system and they would go to heaven ,looking back why would they think it was only the beginning since something was ending and Christ Kingdom was beginning.

It would seem to non believers that our prediction was failed but actually it was confirmed,:

*** jv chap. 5 p. 60 Proclaiming the Lord’s Return (1870-1914) ***

Meanwhile, what about October 1914? For decades Russell and his associates had been proclaiming that the Gentile Times would end in 1914.

So in this it was proven true yet Christendom deny the times ended and Christ Kingdom began in 1914 so it can be said it was a failed.

This is what was said:

Watch Tower, May 15, 1911

We were surprised to find so many evidences of prosperity everywhere . . . Our readers know that for some years we have been expecting this Age to close with an awful time of trouble, and we expect it to break out with suddenness and force not long after October, 1914, which, so far as we can understand the Scriptures, is the date at which the Times of the Gentiles—the lease of earth’s dominions to the Gentiles—will expire; the time, therefore, when Messiah’s kingdom will be due to begin its exercise of power.”

"awful time of trouble"

No the awful time of trouble was not World War I that they were predicting but Gods war,yet looking at it a hundred years later they should have predicted a World War,why do I say that.

Jesus predicted World War I which proved to be 1914 as a sign his Kingdom was established

(Matthew 24:7) . . .“For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom. . .

So they knew 1914 would bring trouble but they viewed the trouble of the nations Jesus predicted in the context of Revelation 11:18 not Matthew 24:7 as a world War

(Revelation 11:18) . . .But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged

So they knew the nations would be wrathful 40 years before it happened but not a War among themselves but against God.

So its not a failed prediction ,they as just coming into Gods wonderful light from blackness didn't fully understand scripture,yet they warned:

Zions WT Aug 1880

ending with the times of the Gentiles in 1914

WT Jul 15 1894 P.266

the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble

What you view as a failed prediction I view as being accurate in that the gentile times ended and Gods Kingdom was born just like they predicted.

World War I is proof as Jesus said:

"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom"

World War I 1914

Aug 1880  

"ending with the times of the Gentiles in 1914"

Instead of seeing and understanding the witnesses were right about trouble 40 years in the future its viewed as a false prediction.

Well Sir ,you better hope we are wrong because if it turns out just like we said you will be killed very soon as the outbreak of Great Tribulation will find you.

You and billions of others failed to in effect kiss the son and bow before his Kingdom established in heaven in 1914 so you die.

(Psalm 2:12) 12 Kiss the son, that He may not become incensed And YOU may not perish [from] the way, For his anger flares up easily.. . .

Kissing was an expression of friendship in scripture and was used to welcome guests into the hospitality of one’s home God is commanding the nations to kiss, or welcome, his Son as his anointed King as proof its talking about Jesus as King of the Kingdom earlier he says:

(Psalm 2:6) . . .[Saying:] “I, even I, have installed my king Upon Zion, my holy mountain.”

*** w79 1/15 p. 7 God’s Kingdom Purpose Triumphs ***

Those who refuse to recognize the authority of the King that God has chosen actually insult the Most High. They deny his universal sovereignty and his ability and authority to choose the king that is the best ruler for mankind. Such ones will find that Jehovah’s fury will overtake them suddenly, when they are pursuing the way to carry out their own devices, “for his anger flares up easily,” or, is quick to blaze, irresistibly. Certainly this is a fair warning and one that they should accept gratefully, for it means life to them to heed it.

Jehovah`s Witness

Benyamin Grünbaum