Jehovah`s Witness/REMARRIAGE

Question
I know thet Jeohvah does not permit remarriage - During Moses times people were disobedient and Moses made the Law, It was not Jeovah's original plan. He made Adam and Eve and bless them.

MY SITUATION

I am in a situation where my husband left me to marry and marry another woman, he said to marry 5 others after the second wife he took.

I am a christian who was brought up with christian principles. I am no 31yrs old and I still want to have a family and kid . I only have 2 kids.However, I dont want to live with him because he doesnt respect my faith in Jeovah and most of all mistreat me and got many women adulteres.Beside he left me with one of my kids.I am so hurt that I dont consider going back.Despite all that I also know that Jeovah wants me to be happy despite the life I faced previously.

QUESTION
IF IN THE FUTURE I FALL IN LOVE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THE SAME FAITH AS ME.IS IT OK TO GET MARRIED OR NOT????

Thank you and I patiently wait for your inspiring answer based on the bible.

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

I'm sorry you are going through so much.  Pray to Jehovah to help you endure, and throw your burdens on him because he cares for you:

1 Peter 5:7 "while ​YOU​ throw all ​YOUR​ anxiety upon him, because he cares for ​YOU"

If you do not want to stay you do not have to if he has committed adultery.  By committing adultery, he has stepped out of the vows not only made to you, but to God.  Marriage was instituted by Jehovah, and when we marry it's to be taken serious.  Stepping out from those vows is stepping away from the one who instituted that bond of union.

That is the only grounds that Jehovah says we can divorce our mate, if they commit adultery or fornication.

Matt 19:9 "I say to ​YOU​ that whoever divorces his wife, except on the ground of fornication, and marries another commits adultery.”

So we see from this scripture that there is an exception that God gives for divorce and that is fornication.

So the answer to your question is if your husband has slept with someone else outside of your marriage then you are free to divorce him if you so choose, and you are free to remarry someone who loves Jehovah as you do.

As we see we want to choose someone who serves Jehovah as well.

2 Cor. 6:14,15  "Do not become unevenly yoked with unbelievers. For what fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have? Or what sharing does light have with darkness? 15 Further, what harmony is there between Christ and Be′li‧al? Or what portion does a faithful person have with an unbeliever?"

I hope I've answered your question, if not feel free to follow up

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T