Jehovah`s Witness/Revelation Chapter 13 v18

Question
Hello! Sister T,
Can you explain to me what that number 666 is?

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

Rev. 13:18 "Here is where wisdom comes in: Let the one that has intelligence calculate the number of the wild beast, for it is a man’s number; and its number is six hundred and sixty-six."

We know that from Rev. 13:1,2 that the Wild Beast represents all the governments world wide. (Rev. 13:7) So whoever has the mark of this wild beast (Rev. 13:16) is considered as being under or attached to this entity in servitude, basically alienated from Jehovah.

The Bible shows us that God has used the number 7 to denote completeness, (Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5,6; 2 Kings 5:10,14) since 6 is one short of seven, it can be denoted as being imperfect, as human rulerships and those who follow them are. (Compare 1 Chronicles 20:6, 7)  

Since it's a man's number, then it's not Satan or the demons, and it's not just any one man because Satan is the one who has power over the wild beast (Luke 4:5, 6; 1 John 5:19; Revelation 13:2, 18). Which is a human entity.  As humans we all fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).

As we can see none of the human governments are able to bring about true peace and harmony. (Jer. 10:23)

Those having the mark of the beast proclaim their servitude to the beast. Thus, the mark, whether on the right hand or on the forehead, figuratively speaking, is a symbol that identifies its bearer as one who gives worshipful support to the beastlike political systems of the world. Those having the mark give to “Caesar” that which rightly belongs to God. (Luke 20:25; Revelation 13:4, 8; 14:1)

Being that it's (6) in the third degree denotes gross shortcoming and failure in the eyes of Jehovah.

Have a good day

Sister T

jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T