Jehovah`s Witness/Trinity Brochure

I just wanted to ask you this question if I may. I was told by a neighbour who is a christian that Jehovah's witnesses have a brochure called the trinity but they have made up lies in it. I wanted to know what you can tell me about this.

Hello mate

Thank's for writing

OK let me explain something to you. There are no lies whatsoever in our literature.I addressed this a little a while ago and crushed the argument then, it was made by one of the non witnesses on this site.

Before I address your specific question I need to make something clear.

There are people who are staunch opposers of Jehovah's witnesses. They prey on the naive and vulnerable in an effort to stop them investigating our organization.

They base their argument usually around one key point and that is they attack the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (WTBTS) those who publish our literature. They have this mentality that if they make WTBTS look bad, look like liars etc etc then it will stop people researching what we believe.

The fact is it has a measure of success but it really only works on the naive and vulnerable. Because the reality of the situation is we are all responsible for our own salvation personally the WTBTS are not. If you don't know that fact you need to learn it right now!!

So what I mean is even IF they did tell lies at WTBTS over certain things that's between them and Jehovah it's got nothing to do with you and me.

Here's what the Bible say's about that

Phil 2:

12 "keep working out YOUR own salvation with fear and trembling"

This is a point I've really tried to emphasize since I've been on this board. It musn't be forgotten!!

Here's another point I've tried to put a lot of emphasis on

Matt 5:

11 "Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake"

So we see God's people would be lied about. This is what happens constantly towards Jehovah's Witness and WTBTS in particular. This scripture is not in the Bible for no reason it's there for a reason, that's because this really does happen.

This trinity brochure argument is no exception to this.

The fact is that when we compiled the trinity brochure we do what we always do we stick to the subject we are teaching and we paraphrase the quote here's an example.

In the Trinity brochure under the chapter:

How Did The Trinity Doctrine Develop?

Then the subheading:

What Influenced It?

We get this quote

From Egypt came the ideas of a divine trinity.” And in the book Egyptian Religion, Siegfried Morenz notes: “The trinity was a major preoccupation of Egyptian theologians . . . Three gods are combined and treated as a single being, addressed in the singular. In this way the spiritual force of Egyptian religion shows a direct link with Christian theology"

Now you see that's a factual quote relevant to the subject.

However what these one's try to say is that we should put in the whole quote. Which is this:

"The trinity was a major preoccupation of Egyptian theologians. ... three gods are combined and treated as a single being, addressed in the singular. In this way the spiritual force of Egyptian religion shows a direct link with Christian theology.In order to avoid any gross misunderstanding, we must at once emphasize that the substance of the Christian Trinity is of course Biblical: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. The three are mentioned alongside one another in the New Testament, probably for liturgical reasons"

I mean how stupid is that!! Why would we put that in our trinity brochure?? hahahahaha.

The whole thing's ridiculous for a number of reasons. I don't need to explain how ridiculous it is, because anyone should be able to clearly see.

This is just one example of the argument's these one's use with regard the trinity brochure. Every argument they use is similar to this. There's no lies whatsoever in the trinity brochure it's all relevant factual subject matter, nothing else.

But you must understand this is how ridiculous these one's get in their efforts to discredit us as an organization.

Here's the fact's stick to what the Bible teaches , learn what the Bible teaches, get that correct and you will find the truth.

The truth is found in the Bible teachings as taught by WTBTS everything is irrelevant smoke screening by our opposers.

So the bottom line is even IF the trinity brochure was full of lies that's none of our concern. That's between those at WTBTS responsible for the brochure and Jehovah God. It doesn't affect you, me or anyone else's salvation in slightest.(Phil 2:12)

Follow up if you need

Take Care

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.