Jehovah`s Witness/drawing close to Jehovah

QUESTION: hi there,

i have been away from the truth and come back as when i was baptised i had alot of problems (as you do) and i had no support to help me through it so i fell away.
I have been back now for about 10 months and its great to be back, but one thing after another is getting me.  I recently took ill and have missed my meetings for 3 weeks but going back on thursday as i am better now.
The thing is that i am in a divided home i am the head of the house at the moment and need help as i have 3 kids and my oldest is 12 he studies with me and is doing great but finding it hard to cope with the situation.
can anyone help?

ANSWER: Hello my dear Sister, I am so happy that you have come back to Jehovah!!

Yes, Jehovah can help!  

I know that it's difficult to deal with problems when you feel that there is no one really paying attention to your cries for help.  Have you approached the elders and told them how serious this is and how you need spiritual help to deal with things?  I think that would be a good idea, because sometimes you have to let them know specific things, they can pray for you, for Jehovah's holy spirit to give you peace and calmness.

And you too keep praying to Jehovah to cultivate his fruitages of the spirit and work in accord with your prayers. (Gal 5:22,23)

If you have the phone hook up where you are, listen to the meetings if you can't be there, sing the songs as if you are there and follow along with your kids as if you were there.  Maybe sit at the table or a place where the kids can't fall asleep easily, and have them listen as if they were there.  If you have to be in bed to listen, have them get things ready before the meeting so that everyone is ready to listen in your room when it comes on and follow along.  

One thing that is good to remember, is Satan is going to attack you, he got you to leave once by opposition, so he's going to use that to get you to leave again, he's going to use whatever works.  That worked so why would he stop using it?  So you have to not let it work, if he sees he can't get you to leave because of whatever is going on, then he'll let up, but he will be back...that's where putting on that complete suit of armor comes in,

Eph 6:11-18 "Put on the complete suit of armor from God that YOU may be able to stand firm against the machinations of the Devil; 12 because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places. 13 On this account take up the complete suit of armor from God, that YOU may be able to resist in the wicked day and, after YOU have done all things thoroughly, to stand firm.

14 Stand firm, therefore, with YOUR loins girded about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and with YOUR feet shod with the equipment of the good news of peace. 16 Above all things, take up the large shield of faith, with which YOU will be able to quench all the wicked one’s burning missiles. 17 Also, accept the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the spirit, that is, God’s word, 18 while with every form of prayer and supplication YOU carry on prayer on every occasion in spirit. And to that end keep awake with all constancy and with supplication in behalf of all the holy ones,"

Don't let anything stop you from attending the meetings and being consistent, (except for illness) that's where we get encouragement and strength and we know Jehovah's holy spirit is there.  Let Jehovah's holy spirit give you the strength beyond what is normal. (2 Cor 4:7)

You know Jehovah loves you, otherwise you would not have come back.  He wants you to look to him for guidance and he'll take you by the hand, poor out your heart to him. (Ps 62:8; 1 John 5:14; Ps 19:14)

I found it helpful with my kids, when they do something nice, like if they say Thank you, do a kind gesture, I always tell them that when they do things like that it makes Jehovah's heart glad, let your kids know that their actions mean something to Jehovah, and that Jehovah loves them very much.  Praise them by telling them positive things about Jehovah when they do positive things.  That helps kids learn to love Jehovah for who he is, and make the truth their own.  

It's hard raising kids alone, admit your faults, tell them you love them and want them to live and say please and thank you to them as well.  When they see you aren't trying to make them be "perfect" and admit you may be wrong, or you are sorry, they will soften.  Show love with firmness, this is what we are going to do, but we are going to enjoy it as well, be balanced.  

Our God is a Happy God, and he wants us to be happy, if Satan can get to you by your feeling alone, he will make sure you continue to feel that way, but only if you let him...don't let him!

Why not invite some people over for tea, get to know older ones, younger ones.  If you feel resentment towards anyone there because you feel they aren't helping you, then you will withdraw from them, you may not realize it, but you have to make the first move.  Go up to a different person at each meeting that you normally don't talk to and say Hi.  Remember all of Jehovah's people are going through something, so give to them, and see the joy you get in return. (Acts 20:35)  When you are busy doing things for other people, you don't have time to worry about what you're going through.  

Pray to Jehovah to help you do personal study and family worship night, pray to Jehovah to help you remember to pray to him, once you start, it'll be automatic.

I'll tell you a secret about myself, which won't be anymore, but it doesn't matter.  I hated to read...I couldn't do it, my mind would be on whatever problem I was having at the moment and I would end up putting down my Bible or publication, I couldn't concentrate at all, so I prayed to Jehovah, talk to him constantly, you shouldn't remember how many times you've talked to him...ask him to give you the craving to study.   I love chocolate, so much.  I crave it at times.  I asked Jehovah to give me a craving to study like I have for chocolate.  Now that may sound silly, but I was serious, and Jehovah answered that prayer for me.  I can't stop now, I crave to study, to read and I enjoy it, and I still pray for help to this very day.  You see Jehovah will help us, but we have to ask for it, and make time for it.  

Please don't give up now, we are too close to paradise, my dear Sister brace up, your deliverance is getting near (Luke 21:28)  If you write me in private, we can exchange emails if you want, and I'll be happy to keep in touch with you, if you just want to talk or vent or whatever...we need one another, we need you.  

I don't have all the answers, Jehovah does, but I can do my best to help encourage you, we are living in critical times hard to deal with, it's not easy (2 Tim 3:1)

The Jeremiah book we are studying is good, we see what Jeremiah had to deal with but Jehovah kept him strong, but he felt down at times too, but he didn't stay down, we too will feel down but the key is we have to keep getting back up....the best thing to do is strengthen your faith in Jehovah, and trust in him with all your heart.  Jehovah is faithful and loyal and when times are hard, that's when you lean on him even more....prayer, study, and meetings, those things are not options, set your mind to that and pray for help with it, Jehovah will help you.  I know first hand, he will.  No one can take away the joy and peace that's from Jehovah, but if we allow it, Satan will do what he can to make us give up and if we do, we are losing out, and Satan is smiling.  

You are in a fight for your life.  Take it one day at a time, when you start thinking about the woes of tomorrow or even of tonight, you may get down, so don't think about them, just do what you can for today, as the Bible says, because tomorrow will have it's own problems...

As Elisha said to his servant, there are more with us then with them.  We have Jehovah and his mighty angels with us, see them there, see Jehovah holding his hand out, take hold of it and never let it go.  

I will pray for you too, I'm sorry you are feeling down, but you can come out of it, get a routine going with the kids with chores, with timings, like on meeting night, if you need 2 hours to get everyone ready, then 2 1/2 hours before it's time to go, start getting them ready, give them responsibilities to make sure their bags are ready, song book, Bible, etc.  

If you have a computer at home, maybe listen to some of the bible dramas from our website for Family worship and discuss them.  You know my kids love to reenact some of the Bible characters, like Moses, or Noah, the one kid who really thinks he's an animal, made a tail and things to be those animals going into the Ark, we had fun with learning about Jehovah, make it fun for the kids, don't be afraid to act silly and laugh with them.  Learning about Jehovah should be enjoyable for all!  But also be consistent, because if they think you won't have study if they make you upset because they may want to do something else, it's just not an option, and then once you get started and they see how much fun it is, they will look forward to it.  

When you take something away from kids, add something else, so they don't think that they are being deprived because they can't do this or that.  You want your children to grow to love Jehovah from their hearts. If you use to celebrate birthdays and now you don't because you are serving Jehovah, then have a party one day and invite some kids from the Hall.  You can have a party without it being a birthday party, or some pagan holiday.  When kids use to try to tease my son because they would say you can't get any presents etc.  My son would say, I get presents through out the year, I don't have to wait for xmas to get presents.  They left him alone.  Teach them not to be ashamed of Jehovah and being on his side.  Practice what they can say to class mates, and that will help them not be scared to speak up, thus showing praise to our Father.

Here's some scriptures

1 Cor. 10:13 "No temptation has taken YOU except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let YOU be tempted beyond what YOU can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for YOU to be able to endure it."

Remember, it's not Jehovah who is tempting us to begin with as he does not try with evil (James 1:13)  but when things get too much, he'll make a way out, he'll help you endure.

Phil 4:13 "For all things I have the strength by virtue of him who imparts power to me."

Jer. 17:7,8 "Blessed is the able-bodied man who puts his trust in Jehovah, and whose confidence Jehovah has become. 8 And he will certainly become like a tree planted by the waters, that sends out its roots right by the watercourse; and he will not see when heat comes, but his foliage will actually prove to be luxuriant. And in the year of drought he will not become anxious, nor will he leave off from producing fruit."

Ps. 139:23,24; Matt 6:25-34; Ps 16:8; Ps 73:23,24; James 4:7,8; Ps 31:24; Ps 34:18; Ps 55:22; 2 Thes 2:16, 17; 2 Cor 1:3,4; Ro 12:12; 2 Pet 3:13;

Phil 4:6,7 "Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."

I hope this helps,

with deep Christian love,

Sister T

QUESTION: Hi sister t,

I just want to thank you so much for your answer to me.  It was so positive and you gave me some great advice.

I would love to keep in touch with you as i am not too good spiritually at the moment and everyone helps.

I really don't want satan to win as he beat me down before i am so determined to NOT let him win this time.

I have walked hand in hand with Jehovah and i have had a few special things happen which i know Jehovah has been a part of as it was not me or anyone else.

My email address is  it would be great to email you as you have gave me real great advice and it is so much appreciated.  I find it hard to make friends because of the life i have had, i have been through so many horrible things in my life but Jehovah has helped me to deal with it.

It would be great to hear from you on a personal basis.

Thank you so much sister i truelly appreciate it and i look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hi are very welcome, I don't know your situation, but one thing I do know, and that is whatever you are going through or have been through, Jehovah can help you deal with it, through his son Jesus we can approach Jehovah with every care.  

And start to look at his people through different eyes, the ones who are serving Jehovah are doing it by choice and out of love, just as you did and are striving to do, so give them the benefit of the doubt too.  And widen out as best you can.  Don't compare yourself with anyone else, because everyone is different, and have been through different things.

I myself have been through much, as I said I don't know it all or have all the answers, but I do have a listening ear and I know that Jehovah is real and he does care!  

But we can talk more.....

Please send me a question and mark it private, I can't make it private, and then we can exchange emails....I can't see your email from here.

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)