Jehovah`s Witness/FDS appointed 1919 R Jones gets it?

R Jones,

Do you understand the new light about the FDS appointed over all things? What is the "new" part?

Contrary to what someone posted on 4/14/2013, I do understand the new light about the FDS “class” being chosen to be the FDS in 1919 but not yet appointed over all things until Jesus arrives or comes during the great tribulation.

In summary, the new light is as follows. There are two appointments.
1919 = Mt. 24:45 Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?

During the great tribulation = Mt. 25:46, 47 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

This is indeed new light from the Jehovah’s Witness perspective. Jehovah’s Witnesses have believed for over 90 years that the FDS was chosen and appointed over all things in 1919. You would have to live and breathe as a JW to understand the psychological implications of following and supporting the slave class that Jesus himself appointed over all his earthly belongings. But now that is old light. The FDS has not yet been appointed over all things.

Who is the originator of that old light so that Jehovah has had to correct it 90 years later? And why would Jehovah allow this misunderstanding, this untruth, to continue for over 90 years? The originator is the same group that now says it has a clearer understanding of itself, and now understands that it was chosen in 1919 to dispense food at the proper time and will later be appointed over all things during the great tribulation.

This it says of itself in The Watchtower July 2013...
...he and his Father came and inspected the temple, or spiritual arrangement for worship, from 1914 to the early part of 1919. They were pleased with a small band of loyal Bible Students who showed that their heart was with Jehovah and his Word. Of course, they needed some cleansing, but they humbly responded during a brief period of testing and refining. Those faithful Bible Students were true Christian wheat. In 1919, a time of spiritual revival, Jesus selected capable anointed brothers from among them to be the faithful and discreet slave and appointed them over his domestics.

Proof factor that this occurred, 0%.
Imagination and self-congratulation factor, 100%.

So in the whole world, during 1914 – 1919, Jesus and Jehovah inspected all the Christian based peoples and found only a small group of Bible Students in Allegheny, PA, USA whose hearts were with Jehovah and his Word. In the whole world? And this small group needed some cleansing but just happened to be the printers of a magazine where they could print this claim about themselves. And they knew Jehovah's business and they could speak for Jehovah that he had not chosen anyone else in the whole world, just themselves.

Proof factor, 0%.
Speculation and self-congratulation factor, 100%.

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.