Jehovah`s Witness/Guardian Angels

Hello Sister Pearl,
 I have heard; that we each have a personal guardian angel. Is this true?

Hello Jerry,
At 2Tim.3:5 we read, "(Men) having a form of godly devotion, but proving false, and from these turn away".
How do we know what "form" of faith is false? What is the standard of what it true?
At John17:17 we read, "Sanctify (cleanse, correct) them by means of the truth. Your Word is Truth.".

If you consider yourself a follower of Christ's teachings, then I assume that you are guided by scripture. You have not told me which scripture has lead you to consider the possibility that we each have our own individual guardian angel. If you "have heard" this from outside the realm of scripture, why are you considering it? The number of false spiritual rumors are limitless.

This subject could, through the related scriptures which are in God's Word, branch out into many subjects and truths. I could share scriptures about the one guardian angel assigned to all of ancient Israel as they wandered through the wilderness (Ex.23:20)....Or, discuss how many such ancient occurrences are a prophetic pattern which point to the present and future.
I will instead, keep it simple as I believe the nature of your question to be.

The Bible term for "angel" simply means "messenger". The term is not limited to spirits, but also applies to human messengers. Messengers of divine Truth, can "guard" us from deception and ignorance, and as a result, guard from death (Hosea4:6; Prov.10:21; Dan.12:3; 1John2:20,21; Heb.1:14; 2:5).
God does not protect everyone (Prov.22:3; Matt.7:13,14; Rev.20:15,14). He can see the difference between good and bad people (Prov.15:3; 16:17) and He is only moved to act in behalf of those whose heart completely loves God, and His truth (2Chron.16:9).

So in my effort to answer you directly....
No, we do not each have a spirit person assigned to us, to guard us.
I don't know what you imagine we are being guarded from, but a brief glance around us reveals immense suffering and injustice, making obvious that our lives are not charmed in the way you reference.

Yet as we saw at 2Chron.16:9; God will act in behalf of those who truly seek His will and approval (2Sam.22:26; 1Pet.5:6; James4:10; 1John2:17). In this case, a human angel messenger, may be sent to them (Acts9:17; 8:26,29,35,39; 2Cor.5:20; 1Tim.4:16), to illuminate the path of escape from condemnation and death (Matt.7:14,21,13,24; John14:6), which awaits all those alienated from God and the Truth (2Thess.2:9,10; Col.1:21; Eph.2:3; 2Thess.1:8; Rom.2:8).
To be "guarded" from these consequences, we must take action ourselves (1John2:17; Gal.6:7; Prov.16:17).

I hope my reply has given you some thoughts for satisfying consideration.
If any of it causes further questions, please follow up and I will do my best to answer you from the Bible.
There is also further and deeper material in the links to follow:

Jehovah`s Witness

pearl doxsey

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY PROFILE HAS BEEN UPDATED. I have been teaching the Bible since 1976, as well as studying JW publications. I am very familiar with the teachings of the Watchtower. As regards anyone's ability to teach truth, it largely depends upon Holy Spirit. For, without it you have no wisdom or scriptural understanding. I will do my best to assist anyone who asks. I have noticed a couple of warnings about "apostates" within the list of "experts". The definition of "apostate", according to the scriptures, are those who deviate from the truth. Therefore, only the scriptures have the authority to identify such a person (John 17:17). Merely disagreeing with someone in authority, does not constitute true apostasy. Otherwise, Jesus himself would have been an apostate. Jesus' own words afford us ample protection from such wolves. He said, "By their fruits you will recognize those men." Matt.7:17-27. Therefore, by all means, exercise every caution! Your life depends upon you doing so! But Jesus did not give the picture men expect of faithful ones today. He did not point to power, authority, growing numbers, accomplishments, or influence as being the sign of his true anointed disciples (Mark10:42,43; Matt.7:22). He pointed to fine fruit. This would include a love of truth and a clinging to God's word in every teaching (1Peter2:2). This authenticity becomes clear, when teachings are closely examined. So too, are "apostates" revealed, as those who deviate from God's word, or fail to do their utmost, to derive every teaching, from it. (see

I have been a baptized JW for decades. I was enrolled in my Congregation as a regular pioneer, though I did not sign the pledge of allegiance to men on the back of the application. I have read the Bible through many times, had been in the Theocratic Ministry school for decades, and was anointed by Jehovah God, through Jesus Christ, 40 years ago in June. As Organizational doctrine progressively strayed from the scriptures, I made comments during meetings and to Witness friends, including elders. Although I justified all my concerns with scripture, this alone lead to me being disfellowshipped in April, 2012. I continue to consider myself one of Jehovah's true witnesses, because Jehovah himself defines who His witnesses are, at Isa.43:10-12. There He states that they are His "chosen" ones (1Pet.2:9), whom he has called to declare the fact that Jehovah is the only Savior (Isa.43:11)...not men, nor an organization (Psalm146:3). This I faithfully do, and I have been chosen by Him to do so. I accordingly write articles about how the scriptures themselves interpret prophecies which apply to our era. ( The directory of articles can be found in my profile, located there.

I belong to the group chosen and anointed by Jehovah God through Jesus Christ...invited to accept the full course of Christ. If I prove faithful, I hope to belong to the Heavenly Mt. Zion, the Holy City, New Jerusalem.

Publications ....also....

The Scribes and Pharisees took the lead in Jehovah's house of worship in the time of Christ. Jesus had the divine credentials to publicly criticize those men, and he certainly did so. Why? Was he a rebel, only seeking to promote disunity and gain a following for himself? No. Jesus realized how spiritually harmful such leaders are to those who blindly follow them. He was therefore obligated, as were his disciples, to champion scriptural truth; despite the backlash from those in power, and those loyal to those in power. Truth (not power, position, or favor with men), leads to everlasting life. John 17:3,17 The anointed are under obligation to accept the same assignment as Christ. They are divinely commanded, authorized, and qualified to do so.... not by men, but by the truth of the scriptures, and Jehovah's spirit. My education, has been by means of that spirit, as we read..... "And YOU have an anointing from the holy one; all of YOU have knowledge. And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him." 1John2:20,27 Matt.13:55-57; John7:15,16; Acts4:13; John16:13