Jehovah`s Witness/hello

Question
Hai Steven

**Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31**
______________________________
"So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" ONLY for anointed Christians."

>>Now what happen to the other JW ???

Answer
As mentioned in the Watchtower you refer to, whenever the term “mediator” occurs in the Christian Greek Scriptures it is always used regarding a formal covenant. Regarding the occurrence at 1 Timothy 2:5 it says, "Reasonably, Paul was here using the word “mediator” in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is “mediator.” I am in full agreement with that. Still I suppose it is possible that it could apply in a broader sense. The writers also seem to indicate that it could since they are not dogmatic in saying that it can't but they say that "reasonably Paul was here using the word “mediator” in the same way" with the emphasis on the word reasonably. So, to me, this does leave the possibility open that it could apply in a broader sense.

Consider the definition of "mediate".
1. to settle (disputes, strikes, etc.) as an intermediary between parties; reconcile.
2. to bring about (an agreement, accord, truce, peace, etc.) as an intermediary between parties by compromise, reconciliation, removal of misunderstanding, etc.
3.to effect (a result) or convey (a message, gift, etc.) by or as if by an intermediary.

Do the other sheep need a formal agreement between themselves and God to have a relationship with him? No. Even before the nation of Israel was formed men such as Noah, Abel, Job and Enoch found favor with him without a covenant being involved.

Be that as it may, who would dare say that God's spirit is not poured out on both the anointed and the individuals of the earthly class according to each ones needs?

Even with respects to the covenant for a kingdom, all approved Christians benefit from that covenant. While those of the anointed are promised to rule with Christ as kings and priests in heaven they can not be rulers without someone to rule over. Thus all mankind with a hope of eternal life on a paradise earth can benefit from their services and that includes all who are resurrected during the thousand years following Armageddon. So by extension, Jesus is mediator between God and all mankind but the covenant arrangement for a kingdom where the promise of being kings and priests is one involving ONLY the anointed.

Even the scripture at John 3:1-8 which speaks of being born-again has it's application with the anointed. However, it does not seem out of line to me to apply it to the other sheep by extension or in an illustrative sense even though none of the Watchtower society's literature does so. After all, baptism is a symbol of dying from one's former course of action and rising up as a new person dedicated to serve one's creator and both the anointed and other sheep get baptized. While those with an earthy hope do not inherit the kingdom in the same way they do have the hope of being subjects of that kingdom. I can attest to the fact that I felt God's spirit working in me when I was baptized and I am not of the anointed. I was a different person after I dedicated my life to serve my creator.

There are many promises of blessings that the scriptures hold out to all those who are faithful but when such promises include the formation of a kingdom then they are spoken of as covenants (agreements). God had such a covenant with Abraham promising that a great nation would come from his seed if he kept faithful. There is no such covenant with mankind in general but those who become servants of the true God will come under the umbrella of his kingdom arrangement and will benefit from it even as the Israelites benefited from the covenant between Jehovah and Abraham.

"So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" ONLY for anointed Christians." To be more specific: "So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator for a kingdom" ONLY between Jehovah and anointed Christians which covenant is a promise that they will rule as kings and priests with Christ in heaven if they prove themselves faithful"  

Jehovah`s Witness

Steven