Jehovah`s Witness/Incest

QUESTION: I have a relationship with my mothers cousin, to be clear my grandfather have a sister and that sister have a daughter who is my partner , we had Ben together for 5 years we love each other so much and we are thinking to get married. but we are all alone due to our relationship our family won't talk to us, I don't really think it is incest but I never look up for information, we are scare to go to any church BC we will be judge, also they say we deserve to go to hell, but I read one of you magazines and then I found this page and I want your opinion , I actually think y'all have the truth that's why I want to find out if what we are doing is actually that bad

ANSWER: Thank you for writing.  I want to be clear before I answer...Is this a same-sex relationship, or not?  Thank you.

QUESTION: No she is a girl and I'm a guy.

Okay, thank you for clarifying.  I simply wanted to make sure there wasn't a bigger issue at stake here.  Because a same-sex relationship would be sinful in the eyes of God, regardless of the other factors that you have listed.  

Now, I still want to make sure I am clear on this, but from what you are saying, I assume she is your 2nd cousin.  You stated that your grandfather (I assume your mother's father) has a sister (your mother's aunt), who has a daughter, which would be a first cousin to your mother.  This would make the girl in question, a 2nd cousin to you, correct?

Well, I would certainly urge EXTREME caution in doing what you are describing.  If there were a clear-cut Biblical prohibition against it, I would give it to you, but I know of none.  There are examples in the Bible of such taking place.  But in the beginning, it was fine for closer kin to marry, because humans were created perfect, and it took many generations for problems to start arising.  Nowadays, I do not think marrying a 2nd cousin is a very good idea, and certainly not 1st cousins.  My personal opinion, is that it isn't right, but at the same time, my personal opinion is not something by which I can judge your spirituality, either.  

As for deserving to go to Hell, well, the fact is that we ALL deserve that.  Not because of who we marry, but because we are born sinners, in need of a Savior.  No one is righteous or deserving of God's mercy, in and of themselves.  Many religions, including JWs, try to tell you that THEY have the "truth", and you must come to them to be saved.  The Biblical fact of the matter is, you must come to Jesus Christ ALONE for salvation....not to the Watchtower, not to the Baptist church, or any other religious body.  Salvation is by grace, through faith in Christ alone.  That is the most important thing.  Then, seek God with MUCH prayer, before you go through with what you are talking about.

I wish I could give you a better answer.  I gave you my opinion, but what really matters is the Scripture.  Just pray really hard, and think this matter through before proceeding.  Take care.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.