Jehovah`s Witness/Mark of the BEAST

Question
Hello again Drake

Thank you for the last reply. I hope all is well with you and to your family.

I need your opinion here. Does Hebrews 6:2 implies that PAUL wanted to end the "LAYING OF THE HANDS"?? And does God permitted it? IF so, then can you please show me a supporting verse?

Thanks

Answer
Thank you again for requesting All Experts.

The” Lay of Hands” was very common amongst the apostles of Christ but very precious nonetheless in performing miraculous works ordained from above. The outpouring of God’s spirit upon the apostle and disciples at Pentecost greatly strengthened them. The first five chapters of the Acts of Apostles testify to the great fearlessness of the apostles and their boldness in declaring the good news and the resurrection of Jesus in spite of jailing, beatings, and threats of death from their rulers. During those early days after Pentecost, the dynamic leadership of the apostles, under the power of the holy spirit, resulted in amazing expansion in the Christian congregation. (Acts of the Apostle 2:41; 4:4) Their ministry was at first concentrated in Jerusalem, then extended to Samaria, and in time, throughout the known world.—Acts of the Apostles 5:42; 6:7; 8:5-17, 25; 1:8.

Their primary function as apostles was to be witnesses as to Jesus’ fulfillment of Jehovah God’s purposes and prophecies, particularly of his resurrection and exaltation, and to do a discipling work among all nations; and this commission was emphasized to them by Jesus just before his ascension to heaven. (Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts of the Apostle 1:8, 22; 2:32-36; 3:15-26) Their testimony concerning the resurrection was that of eyewitnesses.—Acts of the Apostle 13:30-34.

Additionally, to fortify their testimony, the apostles continued to exercise the miraculous powers previously granted them by Jesus, and also other gifts of the spirit received from Pentecost forward. (Acts of the Apostle 5:12; 9:36-40; While others, too, received such miraculous gifts of the spirit, the account shows that such was the case only when one or more of the apostles were present, or by the laying on of the hands of the apostles. Paul, though not one of the 12, also served in this way as an apostle personally appointed by Jesus Christ. (Acts of the Apostle 2:1, 4, 14; 8:14-18; 10:44; 19:6) Thus the power to transmit such gifts was unique with these apostles. Such miraculous gifts would therefore pass away with the passing away of these apostles and of those who had received these gifts through the apostles (1Corinthians 13:2, 8-11), and thus we read that these powers were “missing in the 2nd-century church, the writers of those days speaking of them as a thing in the past—in the apostolic age, in fact.”—The Illustrated Bible Dictionary, edited by J. D. Douglas, 1980, Vol. 1, p. 79.

*** it-1 p. 128 Apostle ***

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer