Jehovah`s Witness/Moses accused of plagiarism.

Question
Hello DW.
I am having an online discussion with an Atheist who claims that the Pentateuch if written by Moses who was raised from a child in Egypt and therefore his writings was influenced by their pagan beliefs because the Pentateuch came later.
He further maintains that the flood of Noah’s day was just an extension to the Babylonian Epic of Gilgamesh.

The new JW library under the heading Nimrod gives much information on the subject but he still maintains that the Babylonian and Egyptian empires existed before Moses and therefore influenced the Pentateuch.

I pointed out that the genealogy of Nimrod from Noah is given in Genesis chapter 10, but of course he denies there was a global flood and maintains it was a large local event and in any event the Noah account was no doubt plagiarized from the Epic of Gilgamesh.

So would you know which Empire existed first …the Babylonian or the Egyptian or did they exist simultaneously as I think this may have a bearing on the matter….  indeed any suggestions how to counter his argument would be most greatly welcome and also give me a better understanding on the matter.

Answer
Hi Fergus

Lovely to hear from you again,thanks for writing.

Hope you and your wife are well.

Babylon was the very first one in existence it was started by Nimrod not long after the flood. However as a world empire or super power Egypt was the first even before Babylon.

It's difficult to answer without knowing exactly where he stands and what arguments he presents.Let's not forget he needs to bring evidence to the table not just bold statements.

The absolute very best thing you can do just looking at it from the surface is prove to him the authenticity and accuracy of the Bible.

We have a book that we don't do online anymore I believe,however it's an excellent publication to prove the Bible is from God,it's called "The Bible God's Word or Man's" you will certainly be able to get one from the witnesses local in your area. That will help massively and that's what I suggest.

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW