Jehovah`s Witness/Relax Eddie, show some humor

Relax Eddie. Show some humor. "...maybe ones like myself are the true anointed ones that Jehovah reveals his truths to first. Only we don't own a printing company..." No one takes a comment like that seriously.

Why would I reject your question to me? I have no reason that I can think of, unless you want to ring my doorbell.

This part I was serious about, "I have known for years that Jesus did not arrive in 1919, neither did he appoint anyone as faithful slave over his belongings in 1919." That also includes me.
Robert Jones

There are bunnies around Easter time. But I do not believe in The Easter Bunny. If one bunny should say "I am not like the other bunnies, I am THE Easter Bunny", and would go on to say that "God inspected all the bunnies and chose only ME as The Easter Bunny" that bunny should get ready for some good-natured ribbing, even some mocking.

Similarly, I believe that there are individuals who are faithful and discreet, just like the slave in the parable at Mt. 24. But I do not believe in "The Faithful and Discreet Slave" [class]. If one slave, or several slaves, should say "I am not like the other slaves, I am THE Faithful and Discreet Slave", and goes on to say "God inspected all the slaves from 1914-1919 and chose ME as The Faithful and Discreet Slave" that slave should be prepared for some good-natured ribbing, even some mocking.

I rather like the Easter Bunny story. He, or she, inspires being friendly and happy. Quite likeable, that rabbit. And, I rather like the Faithful and Discreet Slave [class] story too. But one should be able to discern the difference between fantasy and reality.

Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.