Jehovah`s Witness/Do we have an Astral Body that lives on after death

Question
QUESTION: Hi Brenda, I need your advice please. Fo five years now I have been going hot and cold regarding bile study. I start bible study and I don't continue, mainly because I feel that it does not make sense that we are born, we grow up, we Lear, we have skills and knowledge we have children we get old and then we die. It doesn't make sense that we go through life and then we die, with no afterlife, what a waste, what for? If we die and that is the end of us, we don't exist any more, what for?

ANSWER: HI Collin, you asked--"DO WE HAVE AN ASTRAL BODY THAT LIVES ON AFTER DEATH"

There is a much better hope for the dead than that :¬)

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE THAT WE GO THROUGH LIFE AND THEN WE DIE, WITH NO AFTERLIFE, WHAT A WASTE, WHAT FOR? IF WE DIE AND THAT IS THE END OF US, WE DON'T EXIST ANY MORE, WHAT FOR?

I couldn’t agree more; so lets see first of all WHERE “ death” came from;-

1. Genesis 2;17--Jehovah told Adam & Eve “IF” they ate from the tree they would die, so death was/is never God’s original purpose for mankind, it came about because Adam & Eve sinned, so let me ask you; what would have happened to Adam & Eve if they HADNT sinned? They would have kept on living wouldn’t they; so God’s original plan was that mankind live forever on planet earth as perfect humans. God had no plans to take Adam & Eve to heaven after death & no plan to give them a different body AFTER death, why? Because death wasn’t in the plan at all :¬)

So now we’ve looked at where death came from in the first place; but you might be saying “that was Adam & Eve, not us” true, however our first parents could only pass on what they themselves had, isn’t this the case? So our first parents passed on “sin” & its consequence “death” as Romans 5;12 tells us “through one man sin entered into the world & death through sin, thus death spread to all men”

So can you see why we don’t have an “astral” body after death, or any other body for that matter?  Death is called in the bible an; “enemy” not a doorway to something else.

2. So now let’s see what happens when we die?

God said to Adam & Eve—“You [will] return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19) God had made Adam from the dust of the ground. (Genesis 2:7) Before that, Adam did not exist. Therefore, when Jehovah said that Adam would return to the dust, He meant that Adam would return to a state of nonexistence. Adam would be as lifeless as the dust from which he was made.

3. However lets now see what God intends to do for those who have returned to the “dust”

Jesus said that “all those in the memorial tombs will hear his [Jesus’] voice and come out.” (John 5:28, 29)

Similarly, Revelation 20:13 says: “The sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Hades gave up those dead in them.” “Hades” refers to the common grave of mankind. This collective grave will be emptied. All those billions who rest there will live again.

The apostle Paul said: “There is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts 24:15)

These billions of “unrighteous” ones will not be forgotten. They too will be resurrected and given time to learn about the true God and to serve him. During a period of a thousand years, the dead will be resurrected and given an opportunity to join faithful humans on earth in serving Jehovah. It will be a wonderful time. This period is what the Bible refers to as Judgment Day.

So in conclusion then; we don’t have any kind of “body” after death, because death was/is not in the original blueprint, death only came about because of Adam’s sin, God’s purpose has always been, & always will be; to populate the earth with perfect humans enjoying ENDLESS LIFE in a wonderful paradise earth.

For those who have died meantime, it will mean a resurrection back to life for them, so they too can enjoy an endless life with no death ever again.

Now don’t you think that’s much better than having an “astral body” after death? More importantly, that’s what God’s inspired word says he intends to do.

I hope this has helped answer your question, please feel free to ask more questions, happy to help :¬)

Kind regards
Brenda

QUESTION: If when we die, we are unconscious and nonexistent , how can we hear Jesus voice and come out of the grave. That doesn't make sense either.

ANSWER: Hi Collin, "IF WHEN WE DIE, WE ARE UNCONSCIOUS AND NONEXISTENT, HOW CAN WE HEAR JESUS VOICE AND COME OUT OF THE GRAVE".

When on earth, Jesus revealed the AUTHORITY that God invested in him, when he said: “For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted also to the Son to have life in himself. And he has given him authority to do judging, because Son of man he is. . . . The hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out.”—John 5:26-29.

They wont “hear Jesus voice” in a literal sense; Jesus was showing the authority that has been given him by his father, Jesus has been given the authority to bring those asleep in death back to life again on earth.

If you look at the account of Lazarus being brought back to life in John 11; Lazarus had been “dead 4 days” in fact his sister said to Jesus; “by now he must smell”  so obviously Lazarus didn’t literally “hear” Jesus voice, but Jesus authority & God given power over death was shown by resurrecting Lazarus.

Speaking of those that are ALIVE, Jesus says; “the sheep listen to his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out…. the sheep follow him, because they know his voice.” John 10; 3,4

Even those alive don’t literally “hear Jesus voice” Jesus used an illustration to make his point, namely, that if we recognize and obey his teachings and if we follow his lead, then we can come under the care of “the fine shepherd.”

No-one; dead or alive can literally hear the voice of the heavenly king Jesus Christ.

Regards
Brenda

QUESTION: Hi Brenda, what about a child who told his parents that he flew a plane during the Second World War. He was able to give details of where and when he flew, including the names of fellow pilots hat flew with him. His father was able to contact one of them who is still alive nd he confirmed everything that the little boy had said.
That to me is proof that he has reincarnated. Nobody told him anything, so he couldn't have read it in a book.

Answer
WHAT ABOUT A CHILD WHO TOLD HIS PARENTS THAT HE FLEW A PLANE DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR. HE WAS ABLE TO GIVE DETAILS OF WHERE AND WHEN HE FLEW, INCLUDING THE NAMES OF FELLOW PILOTS THAT FLEW WITH HIM. HIS FATHER WAS ABLE TO CONTACT ONE OF THEM WHO IS STILL ALIVE & HE CONFIRMED EVERYTHING THAT THE LITTLE BOY HAD SAID. THAT TO ME IS PROOF THAT HE HAS REINCARNATED.

At the moment of conception, a person inherits 50 percent of his genes from each parent. Therefore there is no way by which he can be 100 percent like someone in a previous existence. Indeed, the process of rebirth cannot be supported by any known principle of science.

To say that a person who can recount things in bygone times must have lived in that era, one would also have to say that a person who can foretell the future—and there are many who claim to do so—must have lived in the future. That, obviously, is not the case.

Adam was created from the dust. At death, he returned to the dust. That was God’s clear statement on the matter. So at death a person is not reborn as someone else but ceases to exist. Just as heat and cold, dry and wet, light and dark are opposites, death is the opposite of life.

Recollections of past lives must therefore have other explanations. The workings of the human mind, including the subconscious, and the effects of medication or traumatic experiences are still not fully understood.

In some cases, wicked spirit forces create uncanny experiences that can make the unreal appear real.—1 Samuel 28:7-19.

The fact is that we have no verifiable experiences of life other than that which we live now. The majority of people alive on earth have no recollection at all of having lived before; neither do they think that they could have lived earlier lives.

All the best
Brenda  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenda Martin