Jehovah`s Witness/Dee Exposed? SERIOUSLY??

Good afternoon, Mr. Jones.  I hope this writing finds you in good health.

Sir, the reason I am contacting you, is to ask your thoughts on a particular post this morning, that I feel was in poor taste, though not surprising, considering the need of certain people to tear down those whom they view as a threat.  I am referring to the one entitled "Dee Exposed".

I admit its an attention-grabbing title, but when you click on the links listed, it exposes absolutely nothing.  In fact, they are merely writings to Mr. Murphy in another section of this site, where she states the same things that she has stated here many times....that she is studying with the Witnesses, but doesn't quite swallow everything they teach, but is still contemplating baptism.  As I read through those links, I saw nothing at all, that "exposed" her as an "apostate".  

I guess my the question that I would like your thoughts on, is what do you believe is behind this.  For a desperate Witness to post something like this about you or me, I sort of understand their "need" to do that.  But Dee?  What is their point?

As far as I can see, Dee's biggest "crime" is to DARE to question what she hears, and compare it to the Scriptures.  You know, sort of like the Bible SAYS we are supposed to do?

Acts 17:11-  "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."

2 Timothy 3:15-17-  "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.  

All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Romans 3:4-  "God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;..."

I know the WT on the surface, says to study the Scriptures and compare their teachings with it.  It also seems that, although the SAY this, a person had better not find anything that doesn't line up.

Dee's position has been:  

A.  Don't set dates, but merely live each day like a Christian.

B.  Don't be unnecessarily insulting, because there are people inside and outside of the Organization that love God, and are doing their best to please Him.

C.  Enjoy the fellowship of others, but test ALL teachings from the Scriptures.

Why would anyone waste their time trying to "expose" her, and just how do they think those links even came close to doing that?  What is the thinking behind the writer of that post who didn't even have the guts to sign their name (although it appears to be written by Ms. T herself), in your opinion?

Thanks for your time, Mr. Jones.  Have a good afternoon.

Derrick Holland

Greetings friend,

I read the supposed gotchas from the "Dee Exposed" post. I am shrugging my shoulders here. I guess that's like LOL except SMS. Anyway, like you say, Dee has mentioned all these things before in some form, studying, attending the Hall, enjoying the friends there, and contemplating baptism even though not agreeing on every point. That sounds all too reasonable...but you may know that that does not fly among Jehovah's Witnesses.

The scriptures you mention are on point, that a person is to search, and yes question, all things to see if they are so. In recent years I have said that if a matter is true it has nothing to fear from investigation. Read anything. Do your own research. Anything true stands on its own merits. Can a person be fooled by misinformation? Oh sure. But a prayerful and sincere approach will lead a person in the right direction.

So why would someone waste their time supposedly exposing Dee and then not even sign their name? When instead that time could have been used giving their own witness about serving the true God and how that has improved their life? JWs have a pervasive mindset of Us vs. Them. They are taught to defend Jehovah's sovreignty against "Them", anyone not JW. Anyone not JW is part of Satan's world about to experience the full rage of Jehovah and be obliterated for all eternity. So they are imitating their image of God, the God of vengeance against anything outside of "Jehovah's Organization."

I have hoped that for at least some, somewhere deep within, that there is a quiet place of honesty telling them that this cannot be true. That there are too many discrepancies. I believe that some live in quiet fear, in suppressed desperation, and that deep inside they know the real truth. Some lash out in fear, much like an aggresive dog barking at the end of its leash. They are tied to a belief and cannot see beyond it, restricted mentally and spiritually. The natural response is to gnash and lash out at anything outside the reach of the rope.

Robert Jones

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.