Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah is called "The God Who Gives Peace"

Further to my question on the above subject, I would like to know further what is actually the circumstances at that time when Paul was saying in Romans 15:13 and 15:33? Why is he saying that? Is there any problem at that time that Paul to say that? Again thanks so much to help me understand the bible further.

Hello and thanks for writing...and you are very welcome, I'm glad that I can be of assistance to you.  Are you studying with anyone?  

Romans 15:13 "May the God who gives hope fill ​YOU​ with all joy and peace by ​YOUR​ believing, that ​YOU​ may abound in hope with power of holy spirit."

Romans 15:33 "May the God who gives peace be with all of ​YOU. Amen."

Paul was writing to the congregation in Rome.  This is his letter to them, to encourage them, we are privileged to have these letters that Paul wrote preserved in the Bible due to Jehovah's will.  So through Paul's travels to different congregations, he writes letters to them as well to give them encouragement and also any needed counsel.  As things were organized back then, we are as well today, we have traveling brothers who visit different congregations to encourage them etc.  It's a loving provision of our true unity, just as back then, we do the same today.

In reading Chapter 15 of Romans, I don't see anything in particular that was going on with Paul other then he was sending them instructions, warm greetings and encouragement to them to remain faithful to Jehovah through Jesus Christ.  

As mentioned before, when you put your complete trust in Jehovah God he gives his holy spirit to his faithful servants who ask it of him.  So whatever trials they are faced with can be endured due to God's help.

"The apostle Paul endured much hardship, even facing death on occasion. (2 Cor. 1:8-10) Yet, Paul had no morbid fear for his life. He found comfort in knowing that he had God’s backing. He wrote: “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of tender mercies and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation.” (2 Cor. 1:3, 4) Paul did not wallow in self-pity. Rather, the trials he endured helped him to cultivate fellow feeling, so that he was better equipped to comfort others during their time of need."

"In writing to the Galatians, Paul stressed the need for endurance. (Gal. 6:9) That is vital for a Christian today too. You will face trials, but Jehovah will help you. Keep praying for holy spirit. You will feel relief as he replaces grief with joy, anguish with peace. (Matt. 7:7-11)"

<<End Quote>>

Hope that helps.

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)