Jehovah`s Witness/Reply

Question
QUESTION: Hi Brenton,

I read the entire reply this time. Well put. I do understand what a prophet is. I can liken it to a Helicopter hoving over for protection. Just like a Mom or Dad, they don't want to stifle you but just watch over you, just to make sure you stay on course.  I do appreciate that the Org. is watching out for faithful ones. There are land mines all over the place...traps.  I think I understand a little better now..When Prophet Grumbaum (can't remember the spelling)was on the site, all I wanted to to was to discuss not debate. Although, I know I should not be on this site, I do get information of what some witnesses are.  I had heard you were polite & you have proved so.  I enjoy being at the hall, enjoy going out in service, the assemblies & most of all the friends...I have made some great friends. I have friends outside the hall. They respect my decision & we remain friends because we are all mature. Most of my friends are married for over 40 yrs. so our crazy days are over...Good times owes us nothing. All we talk about is our next doctors appointment. I grew up in a home where we celebrated holidays but they were not to the extent of being ridiculous. My Mom would say during Holidays, that she doesn't need society to tell her when to give gifts. Holidays were no big deal in my home. So when I started to study, it was not difficult not to celebrate holidays..I explained to my friends about this & they are good with it. They just want me to be happy & vise versa. We are all over 60, so we happy to be our age, as oppose to the alternative but we give to each other all the time...Birthdays come & go & because we are getting older, WE FORGET....comes with age. As long as my friends respect my way of worship, then all is good. I like being mature, it puts a different spin on life. You pick your battles.  I really appreciate the time you took to break things down to me..I'm not at the hall for dates of when this will happen but to serve God & wake up every day, Jehovah willing & try to be a better person than the day before. People change & dates change....I will keep that in mind...

Be Well,

Dee

ANSWER: Greetings Dee,

Thank you for the reply.  

With Jehovah's help I try very hard to be polite and informative. I have to work very hard at it. With aspergers I am prone to being very blunt and I have learnt that hurts people.  At times I get too informative, rambling on.  That is some thing I try very hard to modify, but I have been told it is a trait of being aspergers – speaking on a subject and not knowing when to stop.

I am happy that the Biblical idea of a prophet is becoming clearer to you.  It is one thing that a lot of people find hard to understand because of the “usual” English understanding of the word.

Being aspergers, I need explanations.  I am not satisfied with just excepting something because it is told me.  So, even though I have been a JW since the 1960s  there are aspects of the organisation that I just can not (at this time) fully agree with because I have not yet been fully satisfied with the explanations given. There are some (organisational) procedures that I understand , not to be in line with Bible principles. (how do I know my understanding is more correct - I don't - so I put up with)  That is MY problem.

Over the years I have pulled apart all the Basic Bible teachings from a JW point of view and that of other religions.  I have carefully examined the fore and against – all the evidences that all parties present. I did so by putting the NWT and JW literature aside and using as many other Bibles and resources as I could (I have about 30 different renderings all or in-part of the Bible) and after several years of examination, I can only conclude that JWs are the only ones doing what our creator wants us to do are are teach the TRUTH as to who he is and his his purpose for the earth.

The examples of the mistakes and errors that the Bible writers made, and reported on, by ones used by Jehovah, tells me to expect things to go wrong in this system with any organisation that claims to serve God. If I did not see things doing wrong I would be worried about us.  Some things I have heard about really dose course me to worry, not that the Organisation is wrong but that actions that I see are bringing Gods name into disgrace. We are a long way from full knowledge. I keep the principle at  1 Corinthians 13:12, 13 in mind. "12 For at present we see in hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face. At present I know partially , but then I shall know accurately even as I am accurately known. 13 Now, however, there remain faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

I have had to learn that Jehovah's timetable for correcting matters is quite different from ours. I have learnt that what ever it is that bothers me, Jehovah will fix it. As the principle found Habakkuk 2:3 assures me “Even if it should delay, [according to our time table]  keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.”

So, Dee, keep searching and asking questions to clarify matters.  But always remember - as you have said – we are all Imperfect – Look for Bible truths and principles.

Bible truths are easy to find.  Accepting and applying principles are harder. That is where our conscience comes into play. Every ones conscience is at a different level and we must make allowances for that.

Continue being a “Biblical prophet ” –  that is - speaking for Jehovah – on his truths and kingdom.

Agape

Brenton

QUESTION: Hi Brenton,

I am not satisfied with just excepting something because it is told me.  So, even though I have been a JW since the 1960s  there are aspects of the organisation that I just can not (at this time) fully agree with because I have not yet been fully satisfied with the explanations given. There are some (organisational) procedures that I understand, not to be in line with Bible principles. (how do I know my understanding is more correct - I don't - so I put up with)  That is MY problem.
This is my problem as well. I didn't come to the hall to find problems, it's just when I would read certain things & went back to the bible it didn't line up. That's all I'm saying. According to the society, some of the scriptures are for the annointed & others are for the non-annointed. To me the Bible is deep because it brings out who we really are inside. The Hidden man. We sit in judgement of others, & when we read the bible it shows our shortcomings as well. The Bible are life lessons, on how to. We see David who sinned & how loved Jehovah, Job, even though he couldn't understand why things were happening to him...he may not have complained but he did squirm a bit..Paul, running around killing Christians, then God used him, Jeremiah, Peter, denying Jesus 3 times..these are people just like all of us...not perfect but had faith, no matter what..I have faith no matter what. Because I know what the bible says. I'm not into the deeper things. I live by...love God/Jesus with all your heart & all your strength..Not saying the deeper things are not good to know, but it just makes have more knowledge & sometime too much knowledge makes you lose the message. I agree, bible truths are easy but not so easy to apply. Because our flesh is selfish..I looked on the site this AM, they were talking about, Robert, You & myself. They got me all wrong but I'm going to be like Jesus when he was asked a question before his death....I will remain quiet. Just because most witnesses are convinced, don't I have a right to question MAN, not GOD...Why are witnesses so offended, why can't anyone be wrong...not God but man. Life experiences can make a person see a certain scripture differently than another person. Now to say God is Jesus & Jesus is God, is not true but the illustrations are just that, an illustration for folks to get the message. The end is coming...this we know...when ????? Nobody knows..do all the math you want & you'll never pinpoint it. It's Jehovah's business, & it's our business to to warn folks, & tell them to get ready...Leave the dates out...If the WT was big enough to admit it may have been wrong about the dates...why can't folks be the same.  

I have had to learn that Jehovah's timetable for correcting matters is quite different from ours. I have learnt that what ever it is that bothers me, Jehovah will fix it. As the principle found Habakkuk 2:3 assures me “Even if it should delay, [according to our time table]  keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late.” Exactly how I feel...Jehovah is right on time it's us that think it's late. There is no delay, again it's us humans that have read so much into the scriptures that we think it's late, we are impatient & want revenge but only in Jehovahs' time. We want to fix things right now & right away...Long suffering is what God is talking about.  Yes, it's hard in these days & times, but we have to Stand Firm, & stand firm & not know...if we knew what that make us stand firmer, then what good what that be. God wants us to Stand Firm & not know. That shows you have faith of what will be...the unknown..& man can't stand to not know. & Even if they did know would any of us get our act together, no, just like we do our lessions at the last minute...need I say more. Remember the parable about if you knew the thief was coming...forgot the rest of it, but it does make sense...if you knew that a bugular was in the area, you would do all you could to prevent him or her breaking in but you would still be in the dark about day or time, but you know he may just break in, but you have prepared your home to prevent it..& that's all one can do...PREPARE...

I will keep searching & finding & asking God. He gives me the answer all the time...he tells me...Believe ME, My word is final.

Hope to hear from you Soon,

Dee

ANSWER: Hi Dee,

All I can say is well said, keep looking to server our Loving God regardless of what happens with imperfect man.

If you ever need to talk or vent I am here.

Agape

Brenton

QUESTION: Hi Brenton,
Thanks for encouragement. I hope all is well with you. I read your reply to clarify what you told Robert. I added to the question.  It's all speculation the dates...We serve Jehovah not for the dates but because we love him. He has given us the signs to look for. That's it. We have the map. Let's hold tight to the map of salvation & endure to the end. I feel much better after speaking with you. I now know I can come to Jehovah even if I doubts about MAN....
Be Well, hope we get a chance to talk again.

Dee

Answer
Greetings Dee,

Thank you for your words.

There are truths in the Bible that can easily be seen. There are clear Bible truths, and, then there are opinions that are formed based on best available evidence (data).  When there is not clear 100% unquestionable proof then, like scientist doing experiments, we form hypothesis (opinions).  As we gain more knowledge the data changes and new hypothesis are formed.

Our dating system is not 100% without any doubt. Jehovah is the great time keeper and his word contains very clear time lines.  However the problem comes in relating those time lines to our dating system.  The year 1 A.D. was a educated opinion by Dionysius Exiguus in 525 A.D.  No one knows just how he arrived at 1 A.D.  there are several theories and each one is defended by different "schollars"

"Dionysius is best known as the inventor of the Anno Domini era, which is used to number the years of both the Gregorian calendar and the Julian calendar. He used it to identify the several Easters in his Easter table, but did not use it to date any historical event. When he devised his table, Julian calendar years were identified by naming the consuls who held office that year – he himself stated that the "present year" was "the consulship of Probus Junior", which he also stated was 525 years "since the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ". How he arrived at that number is unknown but there is evidence of the system he applied. He invented a new system of numbering years to replace the Diocletian years that had been used in an old Easter table because he did not wish to continue the memory of a tyrant who persecuted Christians.[6] The Anno Domini era became dominant in Western Europe only after it was used by the Venerable Bede to date the events in his Ecclesiastical History of the English People, completed in 731."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysius_Exiguus

It is interesting to do some research on him and discover the various methods that different ones believe he used in arriving at 1 A.D. From what I have read 1 A.D may be out by a few years, not many but a few.  

According to the data available to us 1914 fits known criteria but can not be 100% undeniably a proven date in Bible prophecy.  The other problem is because of no clear continuation of the Bibles time lines to our dating system we can not make a 100% without question certain. Again all  current available evidence we have gives, great weight to the conclusions (hypothesis, opinion) drawn, as to how prophecies relates to 1914.

When it comes to 1975 there is nearly a 400 year  differences between the Septuagint and Hebrew text as to the generations after the flood.  There is compelling arguments from both camps as to which one is correct.  If the Septuagint is correct,  6000 years of mans existence was up nearly 400 years ago. I am not saying the Septuagint is correct nor am I saying it is incorrect, but if we were in a court of law there is, due to the lack of conclusive evidence either way, "reasonable doubt"  in accepting either one as the absolute truth.

I am not saying this to put doubt in the minds of any JWs that may read this. I deal in facts not opinions. From the data that we have available, I accept the opinions of 1914 and 1975, as a "true" opinion. And I will defend that opinion based on the data we have.  I just do not accept them as 100% iron clad without any shadow of a doubt, fact.

But as you so nicely point out "He [Jehovah] has given us the signs to look for. That's it. We have the map. Let's hold tight to the map of salvation & endure to the end."  I get terribly upset when I see JWs forgetting that and getting excited over speculation. Speculation that can bring reproach, not on JWs but on our God.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn