Jehovah`s Witness/unrighteous persons

Question
Good day Bro. Drake. My question is about the unrighteous persons. Can you please clarify this to me: If a man has preached by the Jehovas' Witnesses (who are preaching door to door) and he did not listen to them and he died not faithful to Jehovah nor repenting to his sins, will his chance to be ressucted and the chance to prove his obedience in the thousand year reign of Jesus is gone? For unrighteous persons, is it true that only those who do not had the chance to know about the good news of the kingdom of God are to be resurrected to prove their obedience to God in the thousand year reign of Jesus? For example a tribe man who died but never had the chance to know about the promise of the true God--Jehovah. And also those who died in the womb of their mother, as well as those who died infant or child. And NOT those who are have/had given the chance in the present system of things. Jehovahs witnesses are always preaching door to door as Jesus Christ instructed. But as you can see, majority of people are not listening to the good news of the Kingdom of God. They didn't even want to hear about it(they hate the true God Jehovah. They don't want to know about Him). So if they die outside the favor of Jehovah in this present system, they will never be ressurcted to be judge in the judgement day in the thousand year reign of Jesus?

Thank you so much. May you have a very nice day.

Answer
Hi Jason,

Thank you for inquiring with All Experts Jason. Your question is important because it reflects the many qualities of Jehovah which is compassion, justice, mercy and undeserved kindness to all.  Also, let me add that you know quite a bit about our faith in your questioning. I hope the answer to these questions help you in making an informed decision now and in the future.  Let me quote your question here:

“If a man has preached by the Jehovas' Witnesses (who are preaching door to door) and he did not listen to them and he died not faithful to Jehovah nor repenting to his sins, will his chance to be ressucted and the chance to prove his obedience in the thousand year reign of Jesus is gone?

To answer this question is to know what the wages of sin are. If we die prior to Jehovah’s Armageddon against wicked mankind is meted out, we have paid for our sins. (This is the key word, before) But in the interim prior to Armageddon, the book of Proverbs says in Chapter two versus twenty through twenty-two which says, “The purpose is that you may walk in the way of good people and that the paths of the righteous ones you may keep. For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it.  As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it. You see how the words, “walk, keep, blameless,” these words denote actions on our part. Right now is the favorable season. Paul in writing his letter to Timothy he said. . .I solemnly charge you before God and Christ Jesus, who is destined to judge the living and the dead, and by his manifestation and his kingdom, 2 preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching. . . 2 Timothy 4:1, 2

The apostle Paul said in Romans chapter six verses twenty-three, “For the wages sin pays is death. . .” Jason, it’s a clean slate with Jehovah when you die in regards to errors and past mistakes.

Another quote from you:

“For unrighteous persons, is it true that only those who do not had the chance to know about the good news of the kingdom of God are to be resurrected to prove their obedience to God in the thousand year reign of Jesus? For example a tribe man who died but never had the chance to know about the promise of the true God-Jehovah. And also those who died in the womb of their mother, as well as those who died infant or child. And NOT those who are have/had given the chance in the present system of things.”

Jason, Jehovah is constantly searching heart for he says, “And you, Sol′o•mon my son, know the God of your father and serve him with a complete heart and with a delightful soul; for all hearts Jehovah is searching, and every inclination of the thoughts he is discerning. If you search for him, he will let himself be found by you; but if you leave him, he will cast you off forever.  See, now, for Jehovah himself has chosen you to build a house as a sanctuary. Be courageous and act.” (1 Chronicles 28:9, 10)

In the very near future, Jehovah will employ his holy spirit in remarkable ways to accomplish the fulfillment of his purpose. Consider first the matter of protection. As we have seen, Jehovah used his spirit in the past to protect individuals as well as the nation of Israel as a whole. Hence, we have every reason to believe that he will use that same powerful spirit to protect his people during the approaching great tribulation. We need not speculate about exactly how Jehovah will care for us then. Rather, we can look to the future with confidence, knowing that lovers of Jehovah will never be hidden from his view or beyond the reach of his holy spirit.

2 Chronicles 16:9:  For, as regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him. You have acted foolishly respecting this, for from now on there will exist wars against you.”

Ps. 139:7-12:  Where can I go from your spirit, And where can I run away from your face? If I should ascend to heaven, there you would be; And if I should spread out my couch in She′ol, look! you [would be there]. Were I to take the wings of the dawn, That I might reside in the most remote sea, There, also, your own hand would lead me and your right hand would lay hold of me. And were I to say: “Surely darkness itself will hastily seize me!” Then night would be light about me. Even the darkness itself would not prove too dark for you, But night itself would shine just as the day does; The darkness might just as well be the light.

The divine judgment upon Sodom and Gomorrah Jason is a classic example that illustrates several aspects of Jehovah’s justice. Not only did Jehovah mete out necessary punishment but he also provided salvation for the deserving ones. Was the destruction of those cities really justified? Abraham, Jehovah’s friend who apparently had limited knowledge of the extent of Sodom’s wickedness, did not think so at first. Jehovah assured Abraham that if just ten righteous people could be found, he would spare that city. Clearly, Jehovah’s justice is never hasty or unmerciful. Lets read how Abraham asks Jehovah a series of questions in regards to salvation.

Genesis 18:20-32. Consequently Jehovah said: “The cry of complaint about Sod′om and Go•mor′rah, yes, it is loud, and their sin, yes, it is very heavy.  I am quite determined to go down that I may see whether they act altogether according to the outcry over it that has come to me, and, if not, I can get to know it.” At this point the men turned from there and got on their way to Sod′om; but as for Jehovah, he was still standing before Abraham.  Then Abraham approached and began to say: “Will you really sweep away the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there are fifty righteous men in the midst of the city. Will you, then, sweep them away and not pardon the place for the sake of the fifty righteous who are inside it? It is unthinkable of you that you are acting in this manner to put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does with the wicked! It is unthinkable of you. Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?”  Then Jehovah said: “If I shall find in Sod′om fifty righteous men in the midst of the city I will pardon the whole place on their account.” 27 But Abraham went on to answer and say: “Please, here I have taken upon myself to speak to Jehovah, whereas I am dust and ashes. Suppose the fifty righteous should be lacking five. Will you for the five bring the whole city to ruin?” To this he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin if I find there forty-five.” 29 But yet again he spoke further to him and said: “Suppose forty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not do it on account of the forty.” But he continued: “May Jehovah, please, not grow hot with anger, but let me go on speaking: Suppose thirty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not do it if I find thirty there.” 31 But he continued on: “Please, here I have taken upon myself to speak to Jehovah: Suppose twenty are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin on account of the twenty.” 32 Finally he said: “May Jehovah, please, not grow hot with anger, but let me speak just this once: Suppose ten are found there.” In turn he said: “I shall not bring it to ruin on account of the ten.” 33 Then Jehovah went his way when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place.

The inspection by the two angels provided a graphic testimony of Sodom’s moral degradation. When the men of the city, “from boy to old man,” learned that two men had come to stay at Lot’s home, they assaulted his house with the intention of committing homosexual gang rape. Their depravity had truly sunk to a low level! Without a doubt, Jehovah’s judgment on the city was a righteous one.—Genesis 19:1-5, 24, 25.

After citing the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah as a warning example, the apostle Peter wrote: “Jehovah knows how to deliver people of godly devotion out of trial.” (2 Peter 2:6-9) Justice would not have been satisfied if righteous Lot and his family had been swept away along with the ungodly people of Sodom. Thus, Jehovah’s angels warned Lot about the impending destruction. When Lot lingered, the angels “in the compassion of Jehovah” took hold of him, his wife, and his daughters by the hand and led them out of the city. (Genesis 19:12-16) We can be sure that Jehovah will show similar concern for righteous ones in the forthcoming destruction of this wicked system.

Although the end of this system will be a time “for meting out justice,” there is no reason for us to be unduly concerned. (Luke 21:22) The judgment that God will execute at Armageddon will prove “altogether righteous.” (Psalm 19:9) As Abraham learned, we humans can have implicit trust in Jehovah’s justice, which is on a much higher plane than ours. Abraham asked: “Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?” (Genesis 18:25; compare Job 34:10.) Or as Isaiah aptly put it, “who teaches [Jehovah] in the path of justice?”—Isaiah 40:14.

All nations will shortly be examined by Christ so that he can “separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.” This will happen in the Great Tribulation. (Matthew 25:31-33) We can be confident that Christ will be righteous in judging who is worthy of survival. Jehovah has given him the wisdom, insight, and other necessary qualities “to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness.” (Acts 17:30, 31) Let our conviction be like that of Abraham, who said: “It is unthinkable of you [Jehovah] that you are acting in this manner to put to death the righteous man with the wicked one so that it has to occur with the righteous man as it does with the wicked! It is unthinkable of you. Is the Judge of all the earth not going to do what is right?”—Genesis 18:25.

With complete confidence in Jehovah’s righteousness, we need not worry about finding answers to questions like: ‘How will babies and small children be judged? Might it be that a large number of people will not yet have been reached with the good news when Armageddon arrives? What about the mentally ill? What about . . . ?’ Granted, at present we may not know how Jehovah will resolve these issues. He will do so, however, in a righteous and merciful way. We should never doubt that. In fact, we may be amazed and delighted to observe him resolve them in a way that we never even considered.—Compare Job 42:3; Psalm 78:11-16; 136:4-9; Matthew 15:31; Luke 2:47.

Jehovah’s organization does not discourage sincere, timely questions, as some opposers mistakenly claim. (1 Peter 1:10-12) However, the Bible counsels that we avoid foolish, speculative questions. (Titus 3:9) Asking reasonable questions and searching God’s Word and Christian publications to find Scriptural answers can increase our accurate knowledge and can thus strengthen our confidence in Jehovah. The organization follows the example of Jesus. He refrained from commenting on questions for which the proper time for answering had not arrived. He explained: “I have many things yet to say to you, but you are not able to bear them at present.” (John 16:12) He also admitted that some things he himself did not know at that point. Matthew 24:36.

What about now Jason? Has Jehovah changed the way he does things? Jehovah has not changed. Out of compassion, he has commissioned his Witnesses to preach the “good news of the kingdom” in all the inhabited earth. (Matthew 24:14) When right-hearted people respond, Jehovah helps them to grasp the Kingdom message. (Acts 16:14) But this work will not go on forever. It would hardly be compassionate for Jehovah to allow this wicked world, with all its misery and suffering, to continue indefinitely. When divine compassion has reached its limit, Jehovah will come to execute judgment on this system of things. Even then, he will be acting out of compassion—compassion for his “holy name” and for his devoted servants. (Ezekiel 36:20-23) Jehovah will clear away wickedness and usher in a righteous new world. Regarding the wicked, Jehovah declares: “My eye will not feel sorry, neither shall I show compassion. Their way I shall certainly bring upon their own head.”—Ezekiel 9:10.

Until then, Jehovah feels compassion for people, even those who face destruction. Sinful humans who are sincerely repentant can benefit from one of Jehovah’s most compassionate provisions—forgiveness. Is Jehovah’s forgiveness conditional? I’ll let you answer that.
. . “On this account I say to YOU, Every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. 32 For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come. (Matthew 12:31, 32)

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer