Jehovah`s Witness/Explain please, w2hat God meant

Question
Hi Brother D.,
In John 3: 16 it says: "For God loved the world so much he gave his only begotten son etc. etc. Then in the second chapter of 1 John, he is warning us of being no part of the world. I know better, but to some it may sound like a contradiction???? Would you please explain.

Thanks and God bless.

Trent from Ft. Benning, Ga.

Answer
Hey Trent,

Thank you for inquiring with All Experts.  The scripture of John 3:16 is the most famous citing of all Bible quotes. If you see American football games, there are always fans that have a big poster with this inscription so that the television media can telecast it.
Is John 3:16 synonymous with 1 John Chapter 2?

Before Jesus came to earth Trent, God’s firstborn Son spent eons in close association with his Father. (Colossians 1:15) The relation was so close that Jesus came to know his Father’s thoughts, feelings, and ways. When this Son later came to the earth as the man Jesus, he was eager to teach the truth about his Father.

The divine name, Jehovah, was of utmost importance to Jesus. This beloved Son wanted others to know and use his Father’s name. Jesus’ own name means “Jehovah is Salvation.” On the night before his death, Jesus could say in prayer to Jehovah: “I have made your name known.” (John 17:26) Also in Matthew 6:9 he also taught us how and who to pray to. It is not surprising that Jesus used God’s name and made it known to others. After all, how could Jesus’ listeners understand the truth about Jehovah without even knowing His name and what it stands for?
Jesus once said in prayer to God: “Father, . . . you loved me before the founding of the world.” (John 17:24) Having experienced God’s love in heaven, Jesus when on earth sought to reveal that love in its many beautiful facets.

Jesus showed that Jehovah’s love is unrestrained. Jesus noted: “God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16) The Greek word rendered “world” does not mean “the earth.” As used here, it refers to humans—really, to all humankind. So great is God’s love for the human family that he gave his most precious Son in order that faithful humans might be freed from the grip of sin and death and have the prospect of everlasting life. We cannot begin to measure the breadth or plumb the depth of such a great love.—Romans 8:38, 39.

Now when we look at what the apostle John counseled us on what not to love—not to love the world nor the things in the world, its desire of the eyes and of the flesh and its showy display of one’s means of life.—1 John 2:15-17.
So that’s the difference Trent, Jesus gave his life for human kind to be bought back from the sin that has captured the world. Now, in 1 John Chapter 2 it talks about the world and its dark influences of the flesh which is controlled by Satan. Let me know if this is clear enough for you. If not, I can do more research.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer