Jehovah`s Witness/God was alone for a time....

Question
Hello Mr Drake. I was reading one of your answers in which you stated that God was alone for a time. Can you show me the scriptures to support this?  I'm only familiar with the one that says I was alone when I stretched out the heavens and earth by myself....  You qouted col. 1 :16 saying through Jesus , all 'other' things were created. I seem to understand that Jesus helped create everything. Jesus said nothing was created....without His hands. I'm a little confused. Was Jehovah alone or was Jesus with Him?
Thanks Kevin.

Answer
Hi Kevin,

Thank you again for inquiring with All Experts. I know this is a hard concept but a logical one.

There was a time that Jehovah was all alone in what we call the Universe. This may get technical in the explaination and applying semantics but it will be easy to follow through.

Now, Kevin the scriptures Jehovah God is identified as the Creator. He is “the Creator of the heavens. . . the Former of the earth and the Maker of it.” (Isaiah 45:18) right? He is “the Former of the mountains and the Creator of the wind” (Amos 4:13) and is “the One who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and all the things in them.” (Acts 4:24; 14:15; 17:24) “God . . . created all things.” (Ephesians 3:9) Jesus Christ recognized Jehovah as the One who created humans, making them male and female. (Matthew 19:4; Mark 10:6) Hence, Jehovah is fittingly and uniquely called “the Creator.” Isaiah 40:28.

It is because of God’s will that all things “existed and were created.” (Revelation 4:11) Jehovah, who has existed for all time, was alone before creation had a beginning Kevin. Paul the apostle to the nations said this very well in 1Timothy 1:17, “Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, [the] only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.” Moses while under inspiration from Jehovah said, “(Psalm 90:1, 2) O Jehovah, you yourself have proved to be a real dwelling for us During generation after generation.  2 Before the mountains themselves were born, Or you proceeded to bring forth as with labor pains the earth and the productive land, Even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God.
While Jehovah, who is a Spirit (John 4:24; 2Corinthians 3:17), has always existed, that is not true of the matter of which the universe is made. Hence, when creating the literal heavens and earth, Jehovah did not use preexistent material. This is clear from Genesis 1:1, which says: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” If matter had always existed, it would have been inappropriate to use the term “beginning” with reference to material things. However, after creating the earth, God did form “from the ground every wild beast of the field and every flying creature of the heavens.” (Genesis 2:19) He also formed man “out of dust from the ground,” blowing into his nostrils the breath of life so that the man became a living soul. Genesis 2:7.

Appropriately Psalm 33:6 says: “By the word of Jehovah the heavens themselves were made, and by the spirit of his mouth all their army.” While the earth was yet “formless and waste,” with “darkness upon the surface of the watery deep,” it was God’s active force that was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters. (Genesis 1:2) Thus, God used his active force, or “spirit” (Heb., ru′ach), to accomplish his creative purpose. The things he has created testify not only to his power but also to his Godship. (Jeremiah 10:12; Romans 1:19, 20) And, as Jehovah “is a God, not of disorder, but of peace” (1Corinthians 14:33), his creative work is marked with orderliness rather than chaos or chance. Jehovah reminded Job that He had taken specific steps in founding the earth and barricading the sea and indicated that there exist “statutes of the heavens.” (Job 38:1, 4-11, 31-33) Furthermore, God’s creative and other works are perfect.—Deuteronomy 32:4; Ecclesiastes 3:14.

Jehovah’s first creation was his “only-begotten Son” (John 3:16), “the beginning of the creation by God.” (Revelation 3:14) This one, “the firstborn of all creation,” was used by Jehovah in creating all other things, those in the heavens and those upon the earth, “the things visible and the things invisible.” (Colossians 1:15-17)
John’s inspired testimony concerning this Son, the Word, is that “all things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence,” and the apostle identifies the Word as Jesus Christ, who had become flesh. (John 1:1-4, 10, 14, 17) As wisdom personified, this One is represented as saying, “Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way,” and he tells of his association with God the Creator as Jehovah’s “master worker.” (Proverbs 8:12, 22-31) In view of the close association of Jehovah and his only-begotten Son in creative activity and because that Son is “the image of the invisible God” (Colossians 1:15; 2Corinthians 4:4), it was evidently to His only-begotten Son and master worker that Jehovah spoke in saying, “Let us make man in our image.”—Genesis 1:26.
After creating his only-begotten Son, Jehovah used him in bringing the heavenly angels into existence. This preceded the founding of the earth, as Jehovah revealed when questioning Job and asking him: “Where did you happen to be when I founded the earth . . . when the morning stars joyfully cried out together, and all the sons of God began shouting in applause?” (Job 38:4-7) It was after the creation of these heavenly spirit creatures that the material heavens and earth and all elements were made, or brought into existence. And, since Jehovah is the one primarily responsible for all this creative work, it is ascribed to him.—Nehemiah 9:6; Psalm 136:1, 5-9.

The Scriptures, in stating, “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Genesis 1:1), leave matters indefinite as to time. This use of the term “beginning” is therefore unassailable, regardless of the age scientists may seek to attach to the earthly globe and to the various planets and other heavenly bodies. The actual time of creation of the material heavens and earth may have been billions of years ago.  

Kevin it is logical to conclude that before he made his spirit begotten son Jesus, all the angels, all the matter in the universe, He was alone. Let me know if this clears up any confusion.

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer