Jehovah`s Witness/Heb. 1:8

Question
Why God call Jesus God?

JW's have explain Heb. 1:8 to me.

So JW's is calling Jesus false god!  Go fig!

Answer
Hi Thomas,

It's all in the translation, and also in the transliteration.
Transliterations such as "The Interlinear Greek-English New Testament" are more difficult to understand because the English words are literally placed over top of each of the original  Greek word's, while Greek sentence structure is more difficult due to predicate placement and other rules in the Greek language.

That being said, the understanding of the verse is dependent on cognitive reasoning:
The verse in the above Interlinear version I have therefore says transliterarily:

"but with regard to the son: the throne of thee[,] - God[,] [is] unto the age of the age ..."

I personally see this to mean that God is giving the Son his throne forever.

Other verses state "The Father judges noone, but has committed all judging to the Son."
This shows two different entities, the superior, the Father is conceding to His Sons judgment and rulership in the Kingdom.

Likewise another verse admitted by the Son "The Father is greater than I."

Straightforward admittance to his subordination and humility, although he was to become King on God's throne.

The NWT says: "But with reference to the Son: “God is your throne forever and ever, and [the] scepter of your kingdom is the scepter of uprightness."

I hope this helps.
Ken

Jehovah`s Witness

Ken the Apostate ?