Jehovah`s Witness/jason beduhn

I base my belief on what God's Word says. If Professor Beduhn is correct, all bible translators lack the moral character required
to translate God's word for what it says. We have plenty of ancient mss that agree. Do you see a serious problem here? Mine is better than yours, childish and inappropriate. Sin is sin, dishonesty is dishonesty. As an every day Christian, with no degrees, his book brings me little encouragement. The prophets were not allowed to put individual interpretation in what God told them.... Translators should get no special privileges.

Thank You

I agree!  That said; If God could inspire so many different men to write the Bible, I think he could see to it that it was preserved down through the years.  Translations do vary and some are more accurate than others so any real in depth study should compare what different translations have to say.

Jehovah`s Witness

I can answer questions about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and why. I am not a scholar. I have no secular education beyond high school.

I have been a baptized Witness of Jehovah since June 1961. I have never been disfellowshipped but I do have opinions of my own that I feel support what most Witnesses believe. What I am saying is that sometimes my reasons for accepting what Jehovah's Witnesses teach and believe are in addition to or are not the same as the reasons given by our organization but my beliefs are still the same. Even though I may state my personal opinions, I will however never give my own opinion without first trying to state the official position of Jehovah's Witnesses. Contrary to popular opinion, Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to think for themselves. However, we do recognize the need for unity, for all being on the same page, and therefore I will not give any personal opinions that would result in drawing conclusions contrary to what we as an organization teach. I will always try to give a source to back up my statements.

I have not served as an elder. Anyone asking me a question should know that. My father is an elder and my younger brother is as well. I have served in the capacity of a Ministerial Servant but currently I am not one. I also was a regular pioneer for three years after graduating from high school.