Jehovah`s Witness/jesus

Question
You claim that the gospel is clear and not complicated which is not here some not complicated scriptures exodus 6:2-3 says"God spoke further to moses and said to him"I AM THE LORD(JEHOVAH)  and I appeared to abraham,isaac,and jacob,asGod Almighty,but by my name LORD.I did not make myself known to them."also gen 17:1,gen 18:1,ex 24:9-11,num 12:6-8 acts 7:2 So we see here Jehovah appeared and spoke as God almighty not a angel or a messanger.john 5:37 says" jesus speaking"and the father wuo sent me he has tesifiedof me,You have neither heard his voice AT ANY TIME nor seen his form" So we see here that that the God he was talking about that wasnt seen or heard was the father........jesus is the son not the father,so who appeared to moses and abraham,it wasnt the father for sure but it was God almighty as scripture teaches,its logial that it was the Word of God before he was incarnated(and the word became flesh and dwelt amonst us) isaiah 55:11(and the word goes out of my mouth and doesnt return void"heb1:9-10 jehovah call jesus jehovah heb 1:5-6 says to which angel has he EVER!! said you are my son and I your father,in fact ALL the angels of heaven worshipped jesus even MICHAEL!!!! heb2:5 say its not to angel that he has subject the world to come.jude 9 says michael didnt dispute with devil but jesus did many many times.So yes its very very  clear jesus isnt no angel(michael),then who is he? and the word is God is the accurate version,as wased use by the jw for close to a hundred years until the polluted nwt came to be in 1964( to back up there mistakes,through all the false prophesy that they published,could they have been wrong on this also.....isaiah 44:24 says jehovah created everything by himself,yet everything that was created was created through christ,again real clear,God is not a liar!!!!  Rod

Answer
Hello mate

Thank's for writing.

I must admit I'm finding your letter a little hard to decipher. It's kind of all bunched up and jumps about a bit. But I'll do my best and if I miss any point's feel free to write to me again.

What I can gather is your saying that it was "God was the Son" that spoke to Moses not the "God the Father" and "God the son" is a second almighty God is that correct??

I did go over this the other day with a questioner you may have missed it.

Angel's are messenger's for God, that's actually what the word angel means, messenger. They came down , delivered messages from Jehovah and as such represented him. So at time's they where addressed and spoken of as if they where Jehovah themselves we see that here.

Judges 6:

12 "Then Jehovah’s angel appeared to him and said to him: “Jehovah is with you, you valiant, mighty one.” 13 At this Gid′e·on said to him: “Excuse me, my lord, but if Jehovah is with us,........................ 14 Upon that Jehovah faced him and said: “Go in this power of yours, and you will certainly save Israel out of Mid′i·an’s palm. Do I not send you?” 15 In turn he said to him: “Excuse me, Jehovah"

Gal 3:

19 "Why, then, the Law? ......... it was transmitted through angels by the hand of a mediator"

Now I see you mention Hebrews one I have addressed this before at some point.

What needs to be understood here is that the word angel is a rank or a role in this chapter. Jesus was sent to earth to minister,preach a message of salvation which is what an angel does.

Hebrews 1:

14 "Are they not all spirits for public service, sent forth to minister for those who are going to inherit salvation"

Matt 20:

28 "Just as the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his soul a ransom in exchange for many"

Jesus gave the greatest ministry and as such was elevated by his own God to a role above a simple messenger.

Hebrews 1:

4 "So he has become better than the angels, to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs"

9"That is why God, your God, anointed you with [the] oil of exultation more than your partners".

Let's go through some verses in Hebrews you mention very briefly

5 "For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: “You are my son; I, today, I have become your father"

None he said to Jesus when he was a man and became spirit begotten

Matt 3:

17 "Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.

Heb 1:

6 ...And let all God’s angels do obeisance/worship to him"

For the angel's to do obeisance/worship Jesus is doing obeisance/worshipping Jehovah. Why??

Not because Jesus is Jehovah but for this reason.

Heb 1

3 "He is the reflection of [his] glory and the exact representation of his very being"

He reflects and represent's God exactly. God has given him that privilege.

Hebrews 2:

5 "For it is not to angels that he has subjected the inhabited earth to come, about which we are speaking"

Jesus is now higher than the angels. As we've seen.

Now you mention Jude.

What you need to consider is Michael didn't rebuke Satan , but neither did Jesus. Jesus handed the rebuke over to his Father. Every time he said IT IS WRITTEN, referring to God's word on the subject.

To be honest though even if he did it would only have been because Jehovah allowed him too

John 8:

28 "I do nothing of my own initiative; but just as the Father taught me I speak these things"

Finally Isaiah 44:

24..."I, Jehovah, am doing everything, stretching out the heavens by myself, laying out the earth. Who was with me?"

Now you say this tells us God was alone when he created, but you fail to realize he was supposed to have two other's with him. So even according to your own belief's how can that be?

In line with the context of the chapter and book of Isaiah and without going into massive detail. Here's the brief answer.

Many time's in the Bible Jehovah speaks as if he has done something, because once he's made up his mind it's done.

This is the basically the same, Jehovah being the great architect creation started in his mind he purposed that all on his own, once he purposed that it was done. He had no one with him when he did that.

So Rod the basic truth is simple the word of God is simple(in general). But you have to read the entire thing including context and piece it together.

Follow up if you need

Take care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW