Jehovah`s Witness/Please clarify

I was reading your recent response to Dave concerning false prophets.  Near the end of your statement, you made two contrasting statements.

1) It's all interpretation of scripture, misinterpreting scripture does not make you a false prophet!!

2) Who ever doesn't have the correct bible teachings is the false prophet.

I don't understand how these two comments can work together.  Is an incorrect bible teaching, such as old light, not simply a misinterpretation of scripture?

So then, how can Christendom be called a false prophet for misinterpretations of scripture?

The Watchtower has said that they are not inspired.  Footnote Section: “The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263) “The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired ....
Awake 3/22/1993 Page 4

The Watchtower has said that Christendom is not inspired.  "Bible commentators of Christendom are not inspired either."
Watchtower 2/15/81 Page 19

The Watchtower does not call itself a false prophet for its date setting.  "There are some who make spectacular predictions of the world’s end to grab attention and a following, but others are sincerely convinced that their proclamations are true. They are voicing expectations based on their own interpretation of some scripture text or physical event. They do not claim that their predictions are direct revelations from Jehovah and that in this sense they are prophesying in Jehovah’s name. Hence, in such cases, when their words do not come true, they should not be viewed as false prophets such as those warned against at Deuteronomy 18:20-22. In their human fallibility, they misinterpreted matters." Awake 3/22/1993 Pages 3 & 4

However, the Watchtower calls out other groups as being a false prophet for setting specific dates.  "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an “end of the world”, even announcing a specific date. Some have gathered groups of people with them and fled to the hills or withdrawn into their houses waiting for the end. Yet, nothing happened. The "end" did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying."
Awake 10/8/68 page 23

There is no mention in that article that these groups said any of this "in the name of Jehovah".  They were simply called false prophets because they were wrong, or as you say, misinterpreted scripture.

It also interests me in the context of all the times the Watchtower says that they are not prophets.  In just about every one of your quotes along these lines, the context is relating to the errors in their writings.

Many other times, the Watchtower is very bold to state that it is a prophet.  

"Whom has God actually used as his prophet? 14 By the historical facts of the case Christendom is beaten back in defeat. Jehovah’s witnesses are deeply grateful today that the plain facts show that God has been pleased to use them."  Watchtower  1/15/1959 Pages 40 & 41 Par 13 & 14

"More accurately, was there any group on whom Jehovah would be willing to bestow the commission to speak as a “prophet” in His name, as was done toward Ezekiel back there in 613 B.C.E.? What were the qualifications?"
Watchtower  3/15/1972 Page 189

"He had a “prophet” to warn them. This “prophet” was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses."  Watchtower 4/1/1972 Page 197

1"6....Whom  could the real "chariot" of Jehovah's organization roll up to and confront that He might bestow upon this qualified one the commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah? Ah, there was a group whose members had suffered religious persecution during World War I. Who were they?
The Modern-Day "Ezekiel" 17 They were a small minority group of men and women who had dedicated themselves to Jehovah..... "
"The Nations shall know that I am Jehovah" -How? 1971 Pages 58-62

There are more out there.  Again, I find interesting the context of all of these instances in which Jehovah's Witnesses are called prophets, and that is to separate them as the one true religion.

It is all very confusing and comes across as the Watchtower just saying what they want to say to serve its own purpose.  There is just simply no consistency.

Hello mate

Thanks for writing

<<<<<<<<<<<<<1) It's all interpretation of scripture, misinterpreting scripture does not make you a false prophet!!

So then, how can Christendom be called a false prophet for misinterpretations of scripture?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The facts are you will not find ONE person ,religion ,organization or "Christian" who has not misinterpreted scripture at some point or another ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.

But the difference is walking in falsehood.

Jer 23:

14 "walking in falsehood"

Nobody can condemn anyone for misinterpreting scripture. But it's walking in falsehood that condemns you.

Let's take the Catholic church they will always believe in Hellfire, always!!

Yet the Bible say's this

Ecc 9:

5 "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all"

That makes the Catholic church a false prophet, according to this scripture here.

4 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the world"

Now on the other hand a Catholic priest could turn around and come into the truth,leaving behind his falsehood he walked in. But the Catholic church will still be a false prophet.

Why is it a false prophet, because it gives a false message . A prophet is a messenger that's all it really means . People today think it means a predictor of the future. But that's not what it really means. Here's a prophet who didn't predict the future.

Judges 6:

8 "Jehovah proceeded to send a man, a prophet, to the sons of Israel and to say to them: “This is what Jehovah the God of Israel has said, ‘It was I who brought YOU up from Egypt and thus brought YOU out of the house of slaves. 9 So I delivered YOU out of the hand of Egypt and out of the hand of all YOUR oppressors and drove them out from before YOU and gave YOU their land. 10 Furthermore, I said to YOU: “I am Jehovah YOUR God. YOU must not fear the gods of the Am′or·ites in whose land YOU are dwelling.” And YOU did not listen to my voice."

He just delivered a message.

So a false religion is a false prophet. Conveying a false message. To mankind, hope's of heaven and immortal souls and judgement's of hellfire.

Are Jehovah's witnesses prophet's. Yes of course, we deliver a message from God, we deliver a Bible message . We deliver a message of hope and a message of judgement. That make's us prophets.

That's all your quotes mean that we're commissioned to deliver a Bible message a message from God. Isn't that what every religion believe's??

But there's only one true prophet the rest are false

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.