Jehovah`s Witness/God's son's

There has been a recent couple of question's on here regarding who are son's of God and who aren't. D Drake gave a good answer but very long that I found difficult to follow and complicated. Derrick Holland also gave an answer that was opposite to what D Drake said. Can you shed some light on the question, please.

Hi mate

Thank's for writing.

I had a look at both answer's. Bro Drake gave a good answer, he is very thorough and lengthy in his answer's much like Bro Hepburn and some people do prefer that, however some prefer it more simpler and that's what I try to do.

Derrick Holland on the other hand is totally clueless about everything scripture related. So I wouldn't even concern myself with anything he has to say on any scriptural subject.

This subject can be long and involved , but I'll attempt to make it as simple as possible for you.

Jehovah is everyone's father because he is our creator the source of our life. In fact Jesus told us to address him as "our father" in prayer.

Matt 6:

9 "Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified"

However what we're talking about here is something different. This is talking about being in a close family relationship with Jehovah as our father.

So here go's

Jehovah is holy

Isa 6:

3" Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of armies"

This means that he cannot have direct dealings with anyone who is not perfect.

When Adam sinned man lost that family relationship with Jehovah. At this point there was two options for mankind to get that relationship back.

1)Jehovah could adopt you as a spiritual son

2)Jesus could adopt you as your "eternal father"

In order for Jehovah to adopt you ,you had to be holy. So he promised to make a holy nation,

Ex 19:

5 "if YOU will strictly obey my voice ........... YOU yourselves will become to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation"

Now to fully understand this you need to understand the mosaic law, because Jehovah showed how it would work under the mosaic law.

He designated priest's who had to undergo certain "cleansing rituals" that would make them holy. This meant only they could serve in the holy place in the temple and of course there where also sacrifices offered by the high priest that kept them holy. But only temporarily.

This foreshadowed what Jehovah would do in his spiritual temple later on.

Gal 3:

24 Consequently the Law has become our tutor leading to Christ, that we might be declared righteous due to faith"

Heb 8:

5 "but which [men] are rendering sacred service in a typical representation and a shadow of the heavenly things"

Heb 9:

9 "This very [tent] is an illustration for the appointed time that is now here"

When Jesus came to earth and offered up his blood and his body as a perfect sacrifice this allowed the priesthood to be viewed as holy and righteous permanently. Consequently Jehovah can look on them as perfect.

This allows Jehovah to adopt them as spiritual son's into his family arrangement.

Rom 8:

15 "For YOU did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!"

As for those not in the priesthood. Jesus become's their eternal father

Isa 9:

6 "And his name will be called ............ Eternal Father"

Those who are not in the priesthood are the great crowd. Who the priesthood will bring back to perfection.

Rev 20:

6  "Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years"

Having a father(Jesus Christ) who is deathless he is able to give them the same sort of life.

Follow up if you need

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.