Jehovah`s Witness/Interesting Posts

Question
Hello Again Derrick, I have enjoyed reading all the recent posts. It was very smart of Jim to get both sides of a question. If only Jw's could do the same. Like I said once before, they only see ONE side of everything,and its not from the Bible,instead,from the mortal men (Watchtower Society) who interpret the Bible for them. Big difference, wouldn't you say? I still do not understand how any religion can claim to be morally superior,continually calling other religions false, claim to be the only ones "in the truth", and at the same time admit to getting it wrong????? Do they realize how hypocritical that is? They seem to just accept all the excuses given to them by the Watchtower Society without really thinking of how that may appear to non Witnesses. Anyhow, I read Bills "question" to you, and had to laugh. Apparently, Bill does not realize that when he addresses you in his delightful manner, he just solidifies everything you said about him. You have to feel somewhat sorry for him, but I can see why you might not. You show great patience with him, something I admire. Take Care Derrick.

Answer
Good afternoon, Rita.  I hope you are doing well today, and as always, it is great to hear from you.  

Yes, I concur with you that Jim is doing the right thing by getting both sides.  And that is one of the main reasons why there SHOULD be both JWs, and non-JWs, in this forum.  I realize that some of the JWs think they should have it all to themselves, so that there is no accountability on what is said, or left out, but I believe that questioners want the facts...all of them.  The goal of EVERY expert here, should be to provide honest answers.  Not automatically biased either for, or against....just the facts, and if the facts validate the Organization, then fine.  If they don't, then so be it.  So yes, I believe he is smart in what he is doing, and he chose the correct JW expert to get that point of view.  

Did you notice how vastly different Mr. Hepburn is, than the others?  He calmly stated where he disagrees with me, and although I believe he is wrong, I certainly cannot fault his methods or mannerisms.  On the other hand, many of the others would have taken the low road, with "Derrick Holland is a liar, and if you speak to him, you will lose out on everlasting life", and all that other garbage that they say, because they can't give a sensible or coherent answer to anything.

Rita, you said...."Like I said once before, they only see ONE side of everything,and its not from the Bible,instead,from the mortal men (Watchtower Society) who interpret the Bible for them. Big difference, wouldn't you say?

Yes, its different as night and day.  I have seen JWs actually equate the Organization with Jehovah God Himself....If you disagree with the Organization, you are fighting against God, etc, in their mind, that is.  

But you are absolutely correct, in that they only see the Organization's side of any issue, pretty much regardless of what it is.  That is because they are taught this, and not to question what comes through the pages of the Watchtower.  You see, the Bible is a hidden book, so to speak.  They honestly believe that the Scriptures CANNOT be understood, without the Watchtower Organization to help interpret it.  Think of the implications of this, if its true.  Thankfully, it isn't.

You said...."I still do not understand how any religion can claim to be morally superior,continually calling other religions false, claim to be the only ones "in the truth", and at the same time admit to getting it wrong????? Do they realize how hypocritical that is? They seem to just accept all the excuses given to them by the Watchtower Society without really thinking of how that may appear to non Witnesses."

Again, you have made a correct observation.  They actually can believe 2 opposite things at the same time.  They can believe, and admit, that the Watchtower has printed things that are in error.  At the same time, they can also believe that Jehovah God controls what goes into the Watchtower.  Don't ask me how, but they do.  If you point out the past errors, which are many, they will say "Well, the Watchtower isn't inspired, but written by imperfect men".  Which is the CORRECT view, by the way.  But just try getting a JW to admit that a CURRENT statement in the Watchtower is in error, and see how far you get.  No, because they believe that what is now printed in the Watchtower, is "food" being provided by Jehovah's "Faithful and Discreet Slave", and is to be received without complaint or question, as if it comes from God Himself.  Only after the Slave itself decides that the previous teaching was in error, is the JW free to reject it.

Basically, the thinking is this...The Watchtower is never IN error (currently), but the Watchtower HAS BEEN in error.  Its always past tense.  Now of course, when the teachings which are NOW believed to be error, were being taught as "current truth", then they were absolutely NOT "error".  Until later on, that is.  Now, they are error.  

Do you see what a mess that is?  Bottom line...The Watchtower IS NEVER in error, but HAS BEEN in error.  

Makes your head spin, doesn't it?  Is this not true cult mentality?

As for the "morally superior" thing, well that one has been shot down a long time ago, and quite often since then.  Like Eddie G coming on here and telling the world that a person who lies in the Organization, will be dealt with.  Then, when JW lies are documented right under his nose, he goes off into the woods in silence.  

Personally, I think it is rather immoral to lie, myself.  And refuse to correct the falsehood, when it is brought to their attention that it is false.  Do you know, Rita, that I have personally written to the Experts who have printed false information and asked them to retract it, and they just "reject" the question without answering it?  They know it is a lie, yet they are happy to let it stand, and not say a word to correct the mistake.  And then the others who also know what is going on, just pretend it isn't happening.

How moral is that?  As far as I'm concerned, these people have nothing to say about morality, until they start speaking out against lying, slander, and mud-slinging...all of which the Bible speaks against.

You said...."Anyhow, I read Bills "question" to you, and had to laugh. Apparently, Bill does not realize that when he addresses you in his delightful manner, he just solidifies everything you said about him. You have to feel somewhat sorry for him, but I can see why you might not. You show great patience with him, something I admire."

Ah yes, Bill...lol.  Bill is quite a character.  I can honestly tell you that Bill has written me nearly every time, with the sole intention of picking a fight.  Why, I can't answer.  He always makes himself look ridiculous.  You saw it for yourself....Coming on here accusing me of some stupid thing like removing a "Follow Up" button, which I have never done one time.  Like I'm afraid of his questions, or something.  I hate to tell him that I have debated Witnesses a lot smarter than him, and I never blocked their questions.

Personally, I wish there WAS a way to block a questioner, because Bill is more fond of name calling, than he is discussing the Bible.  His favorite name for me, is "wuss".  Also, he is more concerned about my personal life (such as past military service), than he is actually discussing a Bible topic related to JWs.  Early on, he wrote me about military service...pretty much everything after that, has been just to start an argument.

As for feeling sorry for him, in a way I do.  The man is totally clueless, and very gullible and prone to falling for false doctrine.  Truthfully, I feel sorry for ALL of them in a way, because they have been duped into placing their trust in something other than the shed blood of Jesus Christ for their salvation.  I don't wish for any of them to miss out on life.  

However, I do not feel sorry for him having to be taken to the wood shed this past week, because he is the one who chose to write to me with all his nonsense.  He didn't have to, but he did.  He writes with false accusations, taking my quotes out of context, and outright lying, and then has the nerve to tell me that "all I do is tear down".  Can you believe that one?  He lies and misquotes, but I am the one "tearing down"?  Again, something has to be wrong with the man's mind.

And yes, he did solidify everything I had said about him.  And you know what?  He doesn't even have the brains to see it.  But its pretty obvious to fair-minded readers.

But lies are lies, and I simply was not going to let him get away with his lying, when I could clearly see what he was doing.

I will certainly try to be patient with him, but there came a time in the past that I had to stop answering his questions, because no matter what my answer was, he would deliberately give me low ratings of "1", just to get me off the board.  Can't you just see Jesus doing that?  

If he starts that again, I will have to reject his questions again.  That will be entirely up to him.  He really needs to just grow up, and act like a Christian.  That is all I ever asked of him before, is that he refrain from name calling and mud slinging.  He couldn't do it, so I stopped taking his questions for awhile.  But again, not once have I EVER removed a "Follow Up" button, to keep him from writing me.  I merely sent his questions back as a rejection, once I had received them.  I hope I don't have to start doing that again.

Thank you for writing, Rita.  I hope you have a wonderful evening.  God bless you and your family.

Derrick  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland