Jehovah`s Witness/Jeremiah Book

Question
QUESTION: Hi Brenton,
Hope all is well. Still baptized...still love what I do. I came across a scripture in the Jeremiah book...Jer. 23:5,6:Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will certainly reign and act with discretion and execute justice and righteousness in the land.6In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel itself will reside in security. And this is his name with which he will be called, Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.” (NWT) NIV (version) “The days are coming,” declares the LORD,
“when I will raise up for David[a] a righteous Branch,
a King who will reign wisely
and do what is just and right in the land.
6 In his days Judah will be saved
and Israel will live in safety.
This is the name by which he will be called:
The LORD Our Righteous Savior.

Now the king is Jesus, am I right ? God did not come from the line of David, am I right? Pls explain...I know Jesus is God's son...but here it seems that God, is the king...am I wrong ?
Hope to hear from you.

Take Care,
Dee

ANSWER: Hi Dee,
 Nice to hear from you.  I was wondering how you were doing.

You are correct.  Jesus is the king.  God dod not come from the line of David.  So is Jeremiah 23:6 saying that God is the king that comes from David.  NO!

Jeremiah 23:5,6  reads ” 5 “Look! There are days coming,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will certainly reign and act with discretion and execute justice and righteousness in the land. 6 In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel itself will reside in security. And this is his name with which he will be called, Jehovah Is Our Righteousness” (NWT)
quote
*** it-2 p. 21 Jehovah Is Our Righteousness ***

JEHOVAH IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

This is a Messianic prophecy describing the future king sprouting from David’s line to “execute justice and righteousness in the land.” Since he rules as God’s representative (even as David, and others, sat “upon Jehovah’s throne” as God’s anointed king; [1Ch 29:23 “And Solomon began to sit upon Jehovah’s throne as king in place of David his father and to make a success of it, and all the Israelites were obedient to him.”]   ), the prophecy says, “This is his name with which he will be called, Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.” There is no basis for claiming, as some have, that this means that Jesus, the Messiah, and Jehovah are the same, forming one God.   This can be seen from the fact that the similar Messianic prophecy at Jeremiah 33:14-16 applies the identical expression to Jerusalem, saying: “And this is what she will be called, Jehovah Is Our Righteousness.” [[( “ 14 “‘Look! There are days coming,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘and I shall certainly carry out the good word that I have spoken, concerning the house of Israel and concerning the house of Judah. 15 In those days and at that time I shall make sprout for David a righteous sprout, and he will certainly execute justice and righteousness in the land.  16 In those days Judah will be saved and Jerusalem itself will reside in security. And this is what she that is Jerusalem) will be called, Jehovah Is Our Righteousness .’”)]]  In both cases the expression shows that God’s name , Jehovah, placed both upon his promised king and upon his chosen capital, is a guarantee of their righteousness . Moreover, the justice and righteousness emanating from or expressed by these sources are the product of full devotion to Jehovah and his divine will, bringing Jehovah’s blessing and direction.

End quote

see also *** jr chap. 14 p. 173 par. 10 You Can Benefit From the New Covenant ***

Hope that helps

QUESTION: Hi Brenton,
I am well & hope you & your family are ok.  Standing firm. Thanks for the explanation....this is how I would illustrate it..Even though Jesus will be the King or is the King, all praises go to Jehovah...Illustration...King Smith will be sent by President Jones,eventually...this King is going to put things straight, when he arrives.. when the King finally arrives, & does make things right, folks will say All Hail to PRESIDENT JONES FOR SENDING KING SMITH TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT...So the King is mentioned but he doesn't get any of the Kudo's..does that sound about right ?
Thanks again.  Do you have any opinion NWT Bibles English edition are no where to be found..could it be that everyone is directed to JW.ORG or that the need is greater in other countries for bibles to be translated. What's your opinion ?  

Take Care,

Dee

ANSWER: Hi Dee

We are all OK

Your illustration works

The only place I know where the NWT can be found on line, in all the languages that it is produced in, is at JW.org. I do not know if some private person has put it on line anywhere else

When I looked at http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/  there are a lot of languages listed, but not all have the Bible inb their language, It would appear that if the Bible is not in a particular language the default seems to be English

QUESTION: Hi Brenton,
Glad I figured out the scripture. I know the NWT is online but the actual physical NWT Bible you can't get anywhere...At least in the US. I know friends that have called Bethel, Patterson & all over the US & cannot get a hard copy of the English Bible. There is a shortage. So I was just wondering, if we are to get bible students, we cannont offer them their own copy of the Bible. Also, the Public Witnessing (Tables & Carts, Last weeks KM) NO BIBLES. Of course most today have a computer, but many don't. Many come from other parts of the world & don't even have a place to live or if they do, they share a place with many others. So I just wanted to get your thoughts on why there is a shortage of bibles. Do you have any where you are ?

Be Well,

Dee

Answer
I did not know that there was a "shortage" of the NWT in English.  If it is not available in the the USA than I suppose it is not available any where for as far as I understand it was printed only in the USA. I will check at my hall to see if there is a problem getting it here in Australia

I did hear some time ago that there was a "rummer: of a revision of the NWT.  Perhaps they have been waiting for all old stock to go before they release the new edition.  I certainly hope that there is a revised edition for I have found several places where the wording could be changed to fit better fit the original (oldest manuscripts) language meaning. and where general  word meanings could be better.  

We'll just have to wait and see  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn