Jehovah`s Witness/Marriage

I am a widow studying for about a year now and dating a JW.  We go to meetings together every week.  This man was disfellowshipped after admitting to the elders he committed fornication after his divorce.  He has since applied for reinstatement and is awaiting the answer from the elders.  He in fact was an elder himself.   His  ex-wife is still single and has not dated.  I would like to be baptized and eventually we would like to be married with Jehovah's blessing.  Is this possible?

Hi hi there, of course you can be baptised & have Jehovah's blessing.Its two separate things, your a person studying & coming to meetings, so you already have his blessing, remember "no-one comes to the Father unless he draws them" Jehovah is drawing you into his organization, thats proof of his blessing.

As for the disfellowshipped brother, once he is reinstated, you can be married.

All the best

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenda Martin

I have been one of Jehovah`s Witneses now for over 30 years, in those years I have brought up 4 children, teaching each of them the bible.Being one of Jehovah`s Witnesses has helped me cope with my Epilepsy and bring up a daughter with learning difficulties.I have conducted bible studies with people from nearly every denomination i.e. Muslim. Having used the bible all these years to answer peoples questions, I feel I am qualified to give any answer regarding Jehovah`s Witnesses and the bible.

My experience has been one of attending bible lectures 5 times a week,taking part in these lectures in front of an audience and being with thousands of J.W. at conventions where I have seen the bible at work in peoples lives.It is truly a miracle when you see thousands of people meeting together and not one policeman needed, and not even a piece of litter in sight.It is like another world.

Nearly 40 years as a Witness, is my "education" bringing up 4 children, dealing with Epilepsy, bringing up a disabled daughter.