Jehovah`s Witness/Prayer

Question
Brenda,

I'm aware that Jehovah's Witnesses will not say 'The Pledge of Allegiance" at a public events.

I have two questions:  Would a Jehovah's Witness lead a prayer at a public event?  Do JW's pray at their own talks or meetings at Kingdom Hall?

Just wondering.

Answer
I am not Brenda. However, as one of Jehovah's Witnesses my response to your question would be:

Would a Jehovah's Witness lead a prayer at a public event?
Ans. That would depend on the event. If the event is in conjunction with an activity or group that might be viewed as religious or nationalistic, the answer would be no due to our stand of neutrality and of not practicing interfaith in any way. However, this does not rule out all public events. Sometimes Jehovah's Witnesses are asked for instance to officiate at a funeral for a non-Witness person. This could be a public event and prayer would be part of the event and there is no reason that prayer which reflects the Biblical view that Jehovah's Witnesses have about death and the hope of resurrection could not be said at such an event being conducted by one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do JW's pray at their own talks or meetings at Kingdom Hall?
Ans. Yes. Generally each time Jehovah's Witnesses gather together at their meetings there is an opening and closing prayer and the same is true if we get together for refreshments; someone will represent the group in prayer.
.........................................

I believe this question was answered. At any rate, I have nothing to add.

Jehovah`s Witness

Steven