Jehovah`s Witness/Thanks for checking in on me

Hi Sister Pam,
 Thanks for checking in on me. I do have a question for you and I would appreciate your answer. "If one puts material security ahead of spiritual pursuits, can it lead to disaster?
 Thank you and keep up the good work. You give very good answers to the questions that are posed to you.

My quick answer would be YES! But I guess I would need a clear definition as to what you mean by putting material security ahead of spiritual pursuits.

I will use myself as an example:

I went to college and received a Bachelors degree. During that time, I kept myself balanced by spending full time hours in the ministry. However, there we people that I knew who were raised as witnesses but fell away from Bible based teachings and principles when they left home to pursue higher education. Most of this depends on a persons spiritual maturity.

It also depends on where your focus lies. I went to school for graphic design because I love art. And I decided that since I have to work for a living I want to love what I do so it wouldn't feel like work. School was just a means to an end for me. Not necessarily for me to accumulate material possessions. Luke 12:15

Therefore, our focus in life should be on securing a real future . To rest one’s hope on wealth and material possessions is unwise because they are “uncertain.”  That is why we need to examine ourselves to see what is truly important in our life and on what we rest our hope. Ephesians 5:10; Philippians 1:10.

I hope this helps.

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister Pam B

Questions about Jehovah's Witnesses and our beliefs.

Learning Bible teachings since 1975. I was baptized in 1994.

Jehovah's Witness

I have a BFA in graphic design and I'm in school for my MFA in animation right now.