Jehovah`s Witness/Atonement

What exactly is the Atonement?  And what/when is the Day of Atonement?

Romans 5:11 And not only that, but we are also exulting in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.  NWT

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. KJV

Thank you.

What exactly is the Atonement? And what/when is the Day of Atonement?

Atonement in the Biblical sense means covering of sins

Lev 23:23-28 "And Jehovah went on speaking to Moses, saying:24“Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘In the seventh month, on the first of the month, there should occur for ​YOU​ a complete rest, a memorial by the trumpet blast, a holy convention.25No sort of laborious work may ​YOU​ do, and ​YOU​ must present an offering made by fire to Jehovah.’”

26And Jehovah spoke further to Moses, saying:27“However, on the tenth of this seventh month is the day of atonement. A holy convention should take place for ​YOU, and ​YOU​ must afflict ​YOUR​ souls and present an offering made by fire to Jehovah.28And ​YOU​ must do no sort of work on this very day, because it is a day of atonement to make atonement for ​YOU​ before Jehovah ​YOUR​ God;"

Lev 17:10-12 “‘As for any man of the house of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in ​YOUR​ midst who eats any sort of blood, I shall certainly set my face against the soul that is eating the blood, and I shall indeed cut him off from among his people.11For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for ​YOU​ to make atonement for ​YOUR​ souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement by the soul [in it].12 That is why I have said to the sons of Israel: “No soul of ​YOU​ must eat blood and no alien resident who is residing as an alien in ​YOUR​ midst should eat blood.”

Romans 5:6-10 "For, indeed, Christ, while we were yet weak, died for ungodly men at the appointed time.7 For hardly will anyone die for a righteous [man]; indeed, for the good [man], perhaps, someone even dares to die.8But God recommends his own love to us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.9 Much more, therefore, since we have been declared righteous now by his blood, shall we be saved through him from wrath.10 For if, when we were enemies, we became reconciled to God through the death of his Son, much more, now that we have become reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

1 John 1:7 "However, if we are walking in the light as he himself is in the light, we do have a sharing with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin."

Rev. 1:5 "and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “The firstborn from the dead,” and “The Ruler of the kings of the earth.”  To him that loves us and that loosed us from our sins by means of his own blood"

Mark 10:45 "For even the Son of man came, not to be ministered to, but to minister and to give his soul a ransom in exchange for many.”

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)