Jehovah`s Witness/Is The Holy Spirit he or it

Richard wrote at 2013-08-24 02:56:01

As always, I appreciate your answers even though we may disagree at times.  There are two comments I hope you would allow me to address.  The first is regarding those who are "already theologically conditioned".  My only comment is that it goes both ways.  JW's do a very good job at theologically conditioning their members.  This is both positive and negative.   Many other types of churches are really hit and miss.  Those who are well-conditioned will have a hard time accepting JW logic, as you mentioned.  Those who are not well-conditioned will be more easily conditioned by the opposing view.  So, in speaking about both sides, conditioning does not equal truth.  

My second comment is in regard to your final paragraph.  Frankly, there is nothing about what you said that disagrees with scriptural Trinitarian belief.  It does oppose the idea of modalism, which is the version JW's are taught the Trinity is.  As a trinitarian, I would jump in line with you in arguing modalism.  Thanks again for doing what you do.

Brenton wrote at 2013-08-25 12:33:17
Hello Richard

The comment about being theologically biased was in relation to those that were involved in the translating of the Bible into English and using the wrong grammatical terms (pronouns) in relation to the word pnuema especially when it applied to the hilt spirit.

The last paragraph does relate to the trinitarian perspective as trinitarians teach that the holy spirit or (holy ghost) depending on Bible translation is actually a person.  The point of the last paragraph (and the whole essay) is to show that the holy spirit is not a person but the breath of God or Gods words or his force.  There are no texts in the Bible to show the holy spirit is a person

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.