Jehovah`s Witness/Luke 2:27-34

:) wrote at 2013-08-19 14:46:54
Just his statements, I know you're right Brenton:

"There are 2 words involved in this text that directly relate to the discussion.  

The first word  used at Luke 2:27-34 is a noun  “παιδίον”  English = paidion   You can look this up in Strongs Greek Lexicon  word number 3813.  It says “3813. παιδιον paidion; neuter ; a childling (of either sex), i.e. (properly,) an infant, or (by extension) a half-grown boy or girl; figuratively, an immature Christian: —  (little, young) child, damsel.”

Notice what I have in Bold the word neuter .  This word is always neuter as it  can be used for either a male child or a female child.  "

Especially this one:

"So now we have 2 nouns that the  “αυτος” could be referring too.  One is neuter,  and the other is masculine. So the context is important.

The context has moved away from Jesus being a baby  (described by a neuter noun) to being a child described by a  masculine noun).    The word “autos” in context now is referring to the boy.

Now do we get upset at the KJV for using the grammatically wrong words (the child) when it translates “ “παις pais“ ?  No we don't because the context still gives the same meaning the words are not grammatical correct but the reader knows what is meant.  There is NO theological teaching in those verses"

Really the TRUTH can't be deride

More power

Bro.D.Drake wrote at 2013-08-19 23:00:08
Thank you for your explanation. You give honor and respect to Jehovah by your thorough answer.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn