Jehovah`s Witness/Pure ignorance

Bro.D.Drake wrote at 2013-08-30 07:41:05
Hi Derrick,

This is Brother D. Drake and I am a full time minister who is now disabled but not to the point writing what is on my mind. I'm asking you as a fellow brother in Christ Jesus please make peace. You have brought out many good points and believe me when I tell you I listen. The people who are on this forum should be motivated by love not spite. Its easy to go for tit for tat on any issues. I have been around a very long time my friend and one thing I have learned is long suffering and meekness with humility. People because of personal character make mistakes because behind this forum many can act out. Jehovah sees everything and notices what we do especially. I have learned that even if your correct or right about certain subjects, sometimes we have to be the bigger person and just bow out just to avoid the argument. I dealt a lot with domestic violence and a host of other dilemmas that its too long to name. I was in law enforcement and belonged to a specialized unit which utilized different methods of handling catastrophic situations. Yes, I was a hostage negotiator. That is a nerve ending job that by the time your done you have either made the perp believe he wins or adverse response and collateral damage is inevitable. I am also a retired Criminal Profiler from Miami, Florida. Doing that job just wears you out emotionally and psychologically. Its exhausting to try to win every battle. I have seen the attitude here and if I could, would try to mend and have peace. If you answer questions here then in other instances members of the forum begin to have heated discussions, your answer becomes devalued because your demeanor does not correlate with your responses. The apostle Paul said that you can have the gift of speaking in tongues, prophesizing, performing miracles but if the underlying factor is not love, then don't bother. We need to strive to have peace Mountain Man (Yes, I knew who you were when you asked questions on the chat room). When I was in law enforcement, people, especially criminals respected me because I never made them lose their self respect or dignity. Don't you find that important? I would rather be weak to win those who are weak if the goal is to get them closer to God. Paul was all things to all people just to win their friendship and become future disciples. Do you think that is something we can do?

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.