Jehovah`s Witness/False Prophets or not?

QUESTION: Hi Robert,
I looked at your profile & you seem not to be bitter. You are no longer a witness & you have that right. Plus it seems you were there a long time. That many years you did it all, you made your point & spread the good news. Last night was our meeting. A part from the reasoning book..Are witnesses False Prophets...
False Prophets..Let's take a look at Deut. 18:20-22:However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.21And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?”22when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’
Here's the question that must be asked....did witnesses say God said these things ? That is the deal breaker right there...Who said 1975 will be the end of this system, the GB or Jehovah, who said in 1914, Jesus ruled invisibly..but if you look at Matt. 28:18, just before Jesus went to heaven he said...All authority has been given me in heaven & on earth...who said Michael was Jesus...if you are a mouthpiece of someone, then you claim to be their representative, n'est pas ? Here is the legal loop hole...or a question to ask witnesses...did they say they Jehovah said it ??? If so then they are false because they also claim that the FDS is inspired by the Holy Spirit. FDS giving us the right food at the right time... was the food right & the time wrong or time right & wrong food....What has happened is that they ran ahead of the scriptures & not too many folks could challenge them, that put them at an advantage...if they didn't say Jehovah said it...then the call is...SAFE....& CAN RUN STRAIGHT TO HOME BASE...
So again, the question to pose to a witness is simply this..."Did you ever say that Jehovah said it" ? If he didn't then they can wiggle out of the accusation...I looked on line..let me share this..
Watchtower 1972 April 1 p.197 'They Shall Know that a Prophet Was Among Them' ***
People today can view the creative works. They have at hand the Bible, but it is little read or understood. So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?
These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? ... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses. ... Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can be done is to review the record
How many times does a person have to steal to be called a Thief?

Hope to hear from you soon.

ANSWER: Please overlook my facetious reply. I can't help myself. Here goes...

Back when I was preaching that this generation of 1914 would by NO MEANS pass away, that they were all very old, having been old enough in 1914 to understand the significance of the events of that was just me running ahead. That's right. I made it all up! Running ahead with ideas of my own. It had nothing to do with the Watchtower Society. People say, well the WT Society said this and the WT Society said that. I don't know anything about that! It was just a bunch of us rogue brothers running around with big ideas in our heads. That's all that was.

And this business of preaching that the end was likely to come in 1975. And that the 7th jubilee and 70th jubilee years practically guaranteed 1975 as set in stone. That was just a bunch of us local brothers trying to get something going. You know, get the congregation excited about something. Oh, and did it ever work! You shoulda seen all the publishers becoming pioneers...over night almost. And the Bible studies, they were coming to the Hall in droves.

But then the Circuit Servant came around. Boy was I nervous that we were in for trouble for stirring up the friends with this generation of 1914 talk and focusing on 1975 as likely the end of it all. But then the CO looked at the congregation report. He'd never seen anything like it! Peak publishers in the congregation, all reporting record hours and placements in the territory. No problems at all, just busy glowing publishers out in service all the time, talking about being prepared for persecution and all. So what was he supposed to do? He can't tell us to slack off and pipe down about all this. No. So he made his report to Brooklyn and Brooklyn never said anything about it that I know of. Oh! We rogue brothers got a lot of assignments on the assembly programs, gave a lot of experiences on the programs. That was pretty cool.

So all this talk nowadays about the Watchtower leading people down a path of false hopes. I don't know nothing about any of that. It was just a bunch of us brothers saying this and that. :)
Robert Jones

QUESTION: Hi Robert,
I'm laughing out loud. I got your point. What you are saying is that all this stuff was made up by the brothers (rogue). So it seems that they know how to really boost sales. They know how to bring them in. They wait until one of the generations have died off or so old they won't or can't protest & feed the new masses the same kool-aide,in a different package. Then they get rid of the old literature so nobody can point to it or bring it up again...& so a new generation is born, not knowing or caring what was said before, just glad that they are in Jehovah's organization. Sounds like what corporate america does. In the end we are not false prophets, we just are Bible & literature adjusters. Ahhh, now I get it. Wonder what I can say to someone that calls me & JW's False Prophets, guess I'll just have to get out may handy dandy reasoning book. Again, the real question to us witnesses & we must be careful how we answer...Did Jehovah say it or did we say Jehovah said it...that's the deal breaker. Be Care us witnesses..think before you can mean your life...Final word, if  it ain't in the bible, it ain't true.

Thanks for making me laugh. The more I know about the organization then I can stay, because at least I know the good, bad & the ugly and there won't be no if anyone says, you guys are false prophets, I'll answer so, what of was what's his name in the there...

Be Well,

I am glad you saw the humor. So the light changed, we never said absolutely. The light got brighter, we aren't prophets anyway.

But just you disagree on a minor point that is "current truth" and see how quickly you are invited to the back room. There is no place for independent thinking. And there were no brothers that stepped out with rogue ideas of their own about the generation of 1914 or the end of all things by 1975.

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert Jones

1. How the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is stuctured, how it operates, and how it exercises control over its members. 2. What Jehovah's Witnesses believe, why, and who determines doctrine.

It is a waste of time to argue with Jehovah's Witnesses or to present lists of scriptural proofs to show where they are in error. Jehovah's Witnesses listen only the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" and immediately accept changes that come through the pages of The Watchtower magazine.

I survived 1975. For 32 years, from 1968 to 2000, I embraced and promoted everything coming through Jehovah's sole channel of communication, the "Faithful and Discreet Slave." I accepted doctrinal changes as "new light", meat in due season, from the Slave Class.

Was an elder the last 13 years, WT Study Conductor, Congregation Secretary, Book Study Conductor, and occasional Pioneer. Never "irregular" or "inactive" as the labels go. I have not been reproved or disfellowshipped. I no longer attend meetings or practice the religion. I have not started smoking, drinking, gambling, using drugs, or had any sort of emotional breakdown. How silly.

I am not a servant of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave", the WTBTS, or any other man-made organization. I hope to explain, not defend, the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses. I believe in universal truths such as kindness, humility, charity, and love. I do not believe that God selected a special group, the Jews or CT Russell followers for example, to receive a special message or blessing. I do not believe that one religion has it all right and therfore other religions are wrong. I believe it is a delusion for one group of humans to claim that "God chose us and therefore God did not choose you." I consider spirituality to be a personal endeavor that each person must discover for themselves.

Degree in Computer Programming. Not applicable here.