Jehovah`s Witness/fear of men

Question
what are the scriptural reasons why we should not fear men?

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

You asked what are scriptural reasons why we should not fear men?

Luke 12:4,5  "Moreover, I say to ​YOU, my friends, Do not fear those who kill the body and after this are not able to do anything more. 5 But I will indicate to ​YOU​ whom to fear: Fear him who after killing has authority to throw into Ge‧hen′na. Yes, I tell ​YOU, fear this One."

If we fear men who can only kill us, and not fear God, who has the power to not only kill us, but also to not bring us back in the resurrection, as the second death, or Gehenna, means no coming back, we want to fear God and do his will, and not be ashamed of that privilege, because there's only so much people can do, God's promises go far beyond death, as he can bring us back to life.

So if man kills us, we know that God can bring us back, man can not bring us back.

Psalms 49:7 "Not one of them can by any means redeem even a brother,
Nor give to God a ransom for him;"

Psalms 146:3  "Do not put ​YOUR​ trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs."

If we fear men and are ashamed to speak up, we see what the result will be:

Luke 9:26 " For whoever becomes ashamed of me and of my words, the Son of man will be ashamed of this one when he arrives in his glory and that of the Father and of the holy angels"

Matt 10:33 "but whoever disowns me before men, I will also disown him before my Father who is in the heavens"

Mark 8:38 "For whoever becomes ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of man will also be ashamed of him when he arrives in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

Romans 1:16,17 "For I am not ashamed of the good news; it is, in fact, God’s power for salvation to everyone having faith, to the Jew first and also to the Greek; 17 for in it God’s righteousness is being revealed by reason of faith and toward faith, just as it is written: “But the righteous one—by means of faith he will live.”

2 Tim 1:8 "Therefore do not become ashamed of the witness about our Lord, neither of me a prisoner for his sake, but take your part in suffering evil for the good news according to the power of God"

1 Thes 1:6-8 "This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for YOU, 7 but, to YOU who suffer tribulation, relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance upon those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus"

Hope this helps

Sister T

jw.org  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T