Jehovah`s Witness/Illness

How Christians maintain joy in spite of illness?

Hello and thanks for writing,

As Christians, JW's put their complete trust and faith in Jehovah God, (Prov 3:5,6) and that his promises will come to pass.  (Isaiah 55:11).

So even though we have many illnesses and many trials and tribulations, we can still keep our joy because of what we have to look forward to in the future and how Jehovah sustains us now in the present.

Just as Jesus endured the torture stake because of the joy that was set before him (Heb 12:2)

And the Bible also helps us to see that the one who endures until the end will be saved (Matt 24:13)

God's promise is that there will be no more sickness (Isaiah 33:24)

Rev 21:3-5 "With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.”

So if we rely on Jehovah and serve him faithfully, we'll soon have no more sickness etc.  As we look forward to those promises then we can maintain our joy, because our illnesses is temporary. (2 Cor 4:16-18) And Jehovah gives us the power to endure difficulties. (2 Cor 4:7) So that the power is his and not of our own selves.  As we throw our burdens upon Jehovah in prayer because he cares for us (Ps 55:22)

Phil 4:4-7 "Always rejoice in [the] Lord. Once more I will say, Rejoice! 5 Let YOUR reasonableness become known to all men. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication along with thanksgiving let YOUR petitions be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God that excels all thought will guard YOUR hearts and YOUR mental powers by means of Christ Jesus."

When there is sickness or pain, praying to Jehovah who gives a peace that excels all thought will guard our mental powers by means of Jesus, and help us to have a calmness of heart and joy which is part of Jehovah's fruitages of the spirit (Gal 5:22,23), in knowing that God cares about us, that he loves us, and he will soon act on our behalf to rid this world of Satan and his demons and all wickedness, (Ps. 37:9-11) thus will come a world with no illnesses ever again!

That's where the joy is felt, right now in the present, and ongoing into the future and forever. The Ultimate of all ultimates with a joy beyond any human sicknesses or failings is knowing that you are Jehovah God's friend, as was Abraham!! (James 2:23) A hope that is not blind, but seeing the unseen!  Nothing and no one can compare with or take that joy away!!

2 Cor 4:18 "while we keep our eyes, not on the things seen, but on the things unseen. For the things seen are temporary, but the things unseen are everlasting."

Hope that helps, if not feel free to follow up!

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)