Jehovah`s Witness/Come to Jesus or Jehovah?

Question
Reading one of the board members answers and as a witness site I was a bit perplexed at the answer given,the gist of the Q&A was not honoring Jesus and instead putting an organization first.Mr Holland said

"""""""""But I am YET to see one JW tell anyone to simply, "come to Christ".

I will leave you with this Scripture, from the mouth of Christ Himself....

John 5:40-  "And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life."
"""""""""""

Now as a new study we are taught the opposite of what was said here that we should go to the kingdom hall instead of Jesus.

The way this answer is to a believer in the bible it would seem to be correct because he closed with what Jesus said himself to come to him.
I'm responding to this thread to correct this thinking and to get your thoughts if you agree with what I believe is the correct way to Jesus.Jesus also said at St John 4 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: Now here is the problem as I see it,he tells us to come to him for salvation then he says we cant come to himself unless God grants it.The bible doesn't contradict itself  so it has to be what we are taught must be incorrect.Now if we are taught Jesus is GOD and we read Jesus saying we cant come to himself except he himself approves,how is this to be understood,there would not be a need of approval from any Deity if we want to come to Jesus I would think based on the direct invitation by Jesus to come,to seek,to open the door.Jesus is saying there is a process by which we have to take to come to him,the goal is to come to Jesus but there is a channel,a chain of command if you will.If we are taught that Jesus is not GOD but there is someone who he answers to then what Jesus said in these two passages shed light on the correct way of coming to Jesus."""""Jesus said come to me"""""
Jesus said """"""No man can come to me"""" if Jesus is the father he would not have said these words"""""except the Father which hath sent me draw him.

Sal

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing,

You are correct, the Bible does not contradict itself, and yes, if Jesus were Almighty God, why would he need to even make the statement, "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him;..." John 6:44.

Yes, there is a process, a chain of command.  The Bible helps us to see that:

1 Cor. 11:3 "But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God."

Jesus is Jehovah's means of salvation in that Jesus willingly gave up his life as a ransom for us (John 3:16,36).

We recognize that Jesus came from God:  

John 3:2 "This one came to him in the night and said to him: “Rabbi, we know that you as a teacher have come from God; for no one can perform these signs that you perform unless God is with him."

In being footstep followers of Christ (1 Peter 2:21) we come to Jesus as he said:

Matt 11:28 "Come to me, all YOU who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh YOU."

Luke 9:23 "Then he went on to say to all: “If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake day after day and follow me continually"

<<<Quote>>>

Jesus’ Vital Place in God’s Purpose. We need to help people appreciate that since Jesus is “the way” and ‘no one comes to the Father except through him,’ it is impossible to have an approved relationship with God without faith in Jesus Christ. (John 14:6) Unless a person realizes the vital role that Jehovah has assigned to his firstborn Son, it is impossible to understand the Bible. Why? Because Jehovah made this Son the key figure in the outworking of all His purposes. (Col. 1:17-20) Bible prophecy revolves around this fact. (Rev. 19:10) Jesus Christ is the one through whom the solution is provided for all the problems raised by Satan’s rebellion and the sin of Adam.—Heb. 2:5-9, 14, 15.

Additionally, Jesus exercises great authority as the one designated by God to be Head of the Christian congregation. (Matt. 28:18; Eph. 1:22, 23) As such, he provides needed direction in harmony with God’s will. When you teach others, help them to appreciate that Jesus Christ, and no human, is the Head of the congregation. (Matt. 23:10) From your initial contact with interested ones, invite them to meetings of the local congregation, where we study the Bible with the help of material provided through “the faithful and discreet slave.” Explain to them not only who the “slave” is but also who the Master is so that they become aware of Jesus’ headship. (Matt. 24:45-47) Introduce them to the elders, and explain the Scriptural qualifications that these must meet. (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9) Point out that the congregation does not belong to the elders but that they help us to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:28; Eph. 4:16; 1 Pet. 5:2, 3) Help these interested ones see that there is an organized, worldwide society operating under Christ’s headship.

<<<End Quote>>>

That's why it's important to find out what the Bible really teaches, and what we as JW's believe instead of listening to ridiculers, because people will twist and out right lie.  Satan lied and told Eve she would not die. (Gen 3:4) Satan continues to lie by means of his false religions. (Rev 16:14)

This is what Jesus said to similar ones:

John 8:39-47 "In answer they said to him: “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them: “If ​YOU​ are Abraham’s children, do the works of Abraham. 40 But now ​YOU​ are seeking to kill me, a man that has told ​YOU​ the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 YOU​ do the works of ​YOUR​ father.” They said to him: “We were not born from fornication; we have one Father, God.” 42 Jesus said to them: “If God were ​YOUR​ Father, ​YOU​ would love me, for from God I came forth and am here. Neither have I come of my own initiative at all, but that One sent me forth. 43 Why is it ​YOU​ do not know what I am speaking? Because ​YOU​ cannot listen to my word. 44 YOU​ are from ​YOUR​ father the Devil, and ​YOU​ wish to do the desires of ​YOUR​ father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell the truth, ​YOU​ do not believe me. 46 Who of ​YOU​ convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it ​YOU​ do not believe me? 47 He that is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why ​YOU​ do not listen, because ​YOU​ are not from God.”

Keep studying, very soon all false religion will be destroyed!  

Have a great day

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T