Jehovah`s Witness/Malak Yahweh

Question
Hello my brother,

I've recently been speaking with with someone that says Malak Yahweh/Jehovah was Jesus in his pre-existance in the OT. He also claims that Jehovah is the name of not the Father, but of the truine God, using Isaiah 9:6 as a line of evidence.

The only source of information I could find on Malak Yahweh (messenger of Jehovah) was from this site:http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/rogers/malak_yahweh1.html

I don't intend for you to read the how article in my link provided, hopefully you've already heard about this topic before, but could you explain how the person I'm talking to is false, I have reasoning of my own but know Jehovah has blessed you with intellectual capacity, please help.

Keep up the fine fight brother, thanks ahead of time.

Regards

Answer
Hey Kayden,

Philia and Agape to you and your family Kayden. Isaiah Chapter nine verses six is a well known in most of all denominations.

(Isaiah 9:6) For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Can this verse mean a triune god figure? Lets investigate a few more verses.

(Isaiah 7:14) Therefore Jehovah himself will give YOU men a sign: Look! The maiden herself will actually become pregnant, and she is giving birth to a son, and she will certainly call his name Im•man′u•el.

Now, Jehovah here does not divide himself but transfer’s His only begotten son to the womb of a descendant of the line of King David. In Luke chapter one verses thirty-five an angel tells Mary that Jehovah’s holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. For that reason also what is born will be called holy, God’s Son.

The power of the Most High and God’s Son are phrases depicting a separate entity distinct from one another. Its grammatical logic is simple, not confusing or misinterpreted. Another text that solidifies again to distinct entities is in Luke 2:11 where it says, “Because there was born to YOU today a Savior, who is Christ [the] Lord, in David’s city.” When using the word Christ it denotes being chosen. This title from the Greek Khri•stos′ is equivalent to the Hebrew Ma•shi′ach, “Messiah; Anointed One and Christ” is not a mere title added to distinguish the Lord Jesus from others of the same name; it is an official title. putting the title ahead of the name and saying “Christ Jesus” instead of “Jesus Christ” places greater emphasis on the office or position held by Jesus. It focuses attention primarily on the office, secondarily on the office holder, as in saying King David or Governor Zerubbabel. It would remind one of the singular official position Jesus holds as the Anointed One of Jehovah, an honored position not shared by others of his followers who are also anointed. Only Jehovah’s beloved Son is entitled “Christ Jesus.” Paul used this expression in his first inspired letter. (1Th 2:14) Luke also used it, once, at Acts 24:24 (NW; RS), when speaking about Paul’s bearing witness.

The use of the article “the” with the title (“the Christ”) is another way attention is sometimes drawn to the office as held by Jesus. (Matthew16:16; Mark 14:61) The grammatical structure of the sentence, however, may be a factor determining whether the article is used or not, for says W. E. Vine: “Speaking generally, when the title [Christ] is the subject of a sentence it has the article; when it forms part of the predicate the article is absent.”—Vine’s Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1981, Vol. 1, p. 190.

Lets analyze a few more texts. John 1:14 says, “So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth.” We see a distinction of titles between father and son and it also directs itself to the subordinate relationship of that verse.
Again, a dissimilarity of the two articles “God” and “son” in John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

Lastly Hebrews 1:2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the systems of things. Who is “he” that can appoint a “son” for the work at hand?

Here we can use the word anointed in human terms. An exceptional use of the title “Christ” is Paul’s reference to Moses rather than Jesus, when he writes: “He [Moses] esteemed the reproach of the Christ [Khri•stou′, “Anointed One”] as riches greater than the treasures of Egypt; for he looked intently toward the payment of the reward.” (Hebrews 11:26) Moses was never anointed with any literal oil as were the high priests and kings of Israel. (Exodus 30:22-30; Leviticus 8:12; 1 Samuel 10:1; 16:13) But neither was Jesus nor were his followers, and yet the Scriptures speak of them as having been anointed. (Acts 10:38; 2 Corithians 1:21)

In these latter cases their anointing with God’s holy spirit served as an appointment by God, or a commission, even though literal anointing oil was not used. So, in a similar sense Moses received a special appointment. Paul, therefore, could say of Moses that he was Jehovah’s anointed one, or Christ, the recipient of a commission given to him at the burning bush, which appointment he considered to be greater riches than all the treasures of Egypt.—Exodus 3:2–4:17.

Kayden, the Islamic understanding is a monotheistic belief in one god. I don’t understand the Trinitarian issue with them when it contradicts its basic belief which involves Abraham’s faith in a monotheistic god. In the Quran, Abraham made notable material sacrifices when leaving that city. But, in faith, the patriarch was “awaiting the city having real foundations, the builder and creator of which city is God.”—Heb 11:8-10.

The three major monotheistic religions of the world are Judaism, Christianity, and Islām. But by the time Muḥammad appeared toward the beginning of the seventh century C.E., the first two religions, as far as he was concerned, had wandered from the path of truth. In fact, according to some Islāmic commentators, the Qurʼān implies rejection of Jews and of Christians in stating: “Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.” (Surah 1:7, MMP) Why is that?

A Qurʼānic commentary states: “The People of the Book went wrong: The Jews in breaking their Covenant, and slandering Mary and Jesus . . . and the Christians in raising Jesus the Apostle to equality with God” by means of the Trinity doctrine.—Surah 4:153-176, AYA.

Kayden the principal teaching of Islām, for utter simplicity, is what is known as the shahādah, or confession of faith, which every Muslim knows by heart: “La ilāh illa Allāh; Muḥammad rasūl Allāh” (No god but Allah; Muḥammad is the messenger of Allah). This agrees with the Qurʼānic expression, “Your God is One God; there is no God save Him, the Beneficent, the Merciful.” (Surah 2:163, MMP) This thought was stated 2,000 years earlier with the ancient call to Israel: “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.” (Deuteronomy 6:4) Jesus repeated this foremost command, which is recorded at Mark 12:29, about 600 years before Muḥammad, and nowhere did Jesus claim to be God or to be equal to Him.—Mark 13:32; John 14:28; 1 Corinthians 15:28.
This may be a good return visit for you. The common ground is the Qu-ran and some of its verses to solidify the monotheistic belief. Please let me know how it goes. I’m curious. One last thing regarding God’s uniqueness, the Qurʼān states: “So believe in God and His apostles. Say not ‘Trinity’: desist: it will be better for you: for God is One God.” (Surah 4:171, AYA) However, we should note that true Christianity does not teach a Trinity and comment about its history.

Sincerely,
Bro.D.Drake

For more information please go to www.jw.org

P.S. After all this explanation if he still had this blind belief and considers it a "Mystery" with its Uuuuuuu and Aaaahhhs. Then retreat and come in another time. This will give him a chance to regroup his thoughts and try another avenue of confusion.

Jehovah`s Witness

Dr. DDD,M.S.,Psy.D, Court Officer