Jehovah`s Witness/Organ Transplants

Question
QUESTION: Hello again Miss T, I read your comment to Mr. Hepburns response to the organ transplant question. I thought you would like to know this information as well....From November 15,1967 until March 29,1980 the watchtower society viewed organ transplants as being the same as cannibalism and so were they were NOT allowed. That is not my opinion, that is a fact. This was printed in your own publications dates 11/15/67 pages 702-706. "Those who submit to such operations are thus living off the flesh of another human. This is cannibalistic. God did not grant permission for humans to try to perpetuate their lives by cannibalistically taking into their bodies human flesh, whether  chewed or in the form of whole organs or body parts taken from others."   So, when you say "It was always personal choice", that is simply not true. You should not assume that what someone says about your "beloved" brotherhood that is negative is automatically a lie. This is what I was trying to explain to you earlier, and you become defensive. You did not want to hear it. In the future, you might want to do some research before you applaud and cheer someone publicly only because they say what you want to hear. Unwise. Have a great day!

ANSWER: Hello Linda G,

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, as I said to Bro Brenton, I only knew the stance on what is said today, that it's a personal choice, regarding organ transplants.

So since you brought out that it was considered cannibalism back then, thus being wrong in God's eyes. Then that would mean my first explanation that I said to you still applies.  

So go back and read those again and that's your answer.

It doesn't matter how many things you try to come back with about errors that were made and corrected.  The important thing is that once an error was discovered it was corrected.  

I'm done with this subject now.  

Have a great day

Sister T

QUESTION: Why did I have to even bring this to your attention????? You were so quick to agree with Mr. Hepburn and go off accusing (again!) others of lying and spreading lies about your organization. You yourself did not even have the facts, but you quickly assume Mr. Hepburn was right and have the audacity to call others liars at the same time!. Just goes to show how little you really know about your "brotherhood". Fact still remains, the Watchtower got it wrong (along with so much more) and it cost people their lives. You make it sound like it was some little mistake and  then got corrected. Its true when you said an organ transplant does not guarantee you will live, however it it a guarantee if you don't have one, YOU WILL DIE!!!!! Some mistake, wouldn't you say? You now say that you only knew the stance on what is says today. That is not true. You agreed with him that is was ALWAYS a personal choice. Maybe you should go back and read you answer to him again for more clarity. I guess Jw's consider being the cause of someones death as a "little mistake". Good grief!

Answer
Linda G,

As I said to him I should have done more research on what their stand was way back then before I was even born, so you saying that I should have done more research, is exactly what I said to him, I agree with you about that part. I should have done more research on their stance from way back. And that still doesn't change the fact that people lie on us and you are a prime example.  

I'm only answering this because I should have done more research, but in the end my first responses to you were correct then!!  So again, my first replies to you WAS THE ANSWER ABOUT ERRORS.   As I said an error or mistake can only be an error or mistake after the fact.  

No one said it was a "little mistake" you are saying that, you didn't see me say that at all, so don't even try to start with that double talk again.  What I was pointing out is that any who died because of remaining faithful for what they knew at that time would be resurrected and brought back to live on a paradise earth as this is God's promise.  Now that's huge!!

Obviously that doesn't mean anything to you.

I don't agree with anything else you say or said.  so you writing to me over and over again is a bit insane, if you don't want to believe JW's go your merry way and be happy in your beliefs. Your obsession with JW's is not going to be my problem.   

Have a good day....your next follow up about this will be rejected.

Have a great day as I sure will.....

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T